Around the World
Japan and US
I need a 3G phone to operate on Japan's networks and one that Cingular, Verizon, Sprint, or T-mobile offers since they seem to be prevalent in the Ann Arbor, Michigan area where I will be going to school. My sophomore year I plan to go to Japan. Can I get a one year agreement through one of these companies and then go to Japan and get a provider over there for a year and then come back to the states? I don't want to rent a phone in Japan nor do I need to retain my US number. I don't want to be paying roaming rates all the time. Calls to the US will be done through VoIP anyway.
Does anyone here have experience with traveling abroad to Japan or knows of phones that will work with both networks and carriers. Can anyone recommend Japanese carriers? Is there a website on this topic?
Features only need to be Bluetooth, camera, text messaging, and the basic stuff.
Thank you so much for any help you may be able to provide!
- Re: Japan and US by scotsboyuk
- Japan is in it's own Wireless World by sangyup81
- Re: Japan is in it's own Wireless World by scotsboyuk
- Re: Japan and US by OB1J3D1
- Re: Japan and US by poohgirl
- Re: Japan and US by renardlee
- Re: Japan and US by oudidntkn0w
- Re: Japan and US by theballinboy973
- Re: Japan and US by dansan
- Ok, so this is my questions. by kreeves
- Re: Japan and US by bheiman
- Re: Japan and US by wombough
- 8525! by bheiman