Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

show all 5 replies

need to access my old israeli orange account

yossi296_65

Apr 25, 2006, 3:25 AM
i used to have service with orange in israel several years back. i had a weird sortof post-pay pay-as-you-go kindof thing where i got a monthly bill, only if i used the phone. i did not disconnect service upon moving to the usa. i still have the sim card for the account, although it does me no good since my cingular phone is locked and wont accept a forigen sim.

what i need to do is: access my account with orange so that i can use it if i ever visit israel. i will need to change billing info and whatnot. i tried their website orange.co.il and tried registering to manage my account online, but it sent a verification code in a text message to the phone, but I HAVE NO WAY OF RETRIEVING IT HERE IN AMERICA, so i cannot log in that way. i ...
(continues)
Vox Dei

May 10, 2006, 6:32 PM
call them maybe? Going to be a long distance call though.
Vox Dei

May 10, 2006, 7:07 PM
Or if you have a world phone with Cingular you might be able to call them and see if they will unlock it and then you can put your orange SIM in there for a bit. Cingular used to unlock world phones if you told them you wanted to use the other frequency's for EU or world travel. I don't know if they still do that or not.
mrcamp

May 11, 2006, 3:46 PM
Unfortunately you will need that verification code inorder to be able to access it online. They all do that (the US carriers included) for security purposes. You can either try getting the unlock code from cingular or unlock it via third-party. Once that is done, you should be able to pop the israel sim in your phone and access the SMS that was sent. Of course, that's assuming the sim is enabled to roam here. Most prepaid sims are nowadays anyway.
evilbstrd666

May 21, 2006, 3:37 PM
1) Find friend with GSM phone in Israel.

2) Ship SIM to friend

3) Friend gets text message and writes it down

4) Friend ships SIM and text message back

Methinks there is an international phone call in your immediate future.....
crxtreme89

May 22, 2006, 1:28 PM
Methinks so too..... 👀 But don't make that phone call in an airport.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.