Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

Best World Phone - CDMA+GSM or Quad GSM

cyberchimp

Feb 21, 2006, 1:42 AM
I will be travelling extensively thru Asia in the coming year. South Korea, China and Taiwan.

At first I thought a quad-band GSM is what I'm looking for. But what about a dual-mode CDMA and GSM phone?

I would like to buy an Asian phone to use and use it back in the states too.

Thanks
Chimp
Rich Brome

Mar 5, 2006, 7:32 PM
Either a quad-band GSM or a CDMA+GSM phone should be fine for China and Taiwan.

There are a lot more quad-band GSM phones to choose from. There are only a small handful of CDMA+GSM phones available.

South Korea is a whole different ball of wax since they use CDMA instead of GSM. Verizon does have roaming options for South Korea, but it requires special activation and a special PRL, I believe. I don't know if it's supported on their CDMA+GSM phones, but it's worth asking. That may be your only option if you really need one phone that will work in all of those countries.

As for bringing back an Asian phone:

...you'll see the coolest phones in South Korea, but unfortunately they won't work here. (Well, that's not 100% true......
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.