Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

How can we reduce our Mexico phone service bills?

PattyC

Feb 14, 2006, 1:48 PM
We have two employees in Mexico. They call us in Pennsylvania, and they call our customers in Mexico, Central America, and South America, and we call them. Other than using only e-mail to communicate, does anyone have any tips/ideas on how to reduce their phone service (both land and mobile) invoices? Thanks.
adventbrian

Feb 19, 2006, 1:55 PM
I live in USA and have office in Mexico City. We use Verizon Celluar's North American Plan. Includes calls to/from USA/Canada/Mexico in plan's cost. For 4 lines with 3000 minutes and unlimited nights and weekends, we pay about $250.00. With this plan making a call to Mexico or from Mexico (in major population areas) is simple and same cost as making call within USA. You can call all areas in Mexico without additinal charges, but if you are calling USA from remote areas in Mexico, you will be charged roaming. Example: From DF, Monterrey, Guadalajara and metropolitan areas, all calls are included--no roaming. From Torreon, I had access but was charged roaming to make/receive calls. Verizon has an access map.

Also, can use SKYPE for...
(continues)
PattyC

Feb 22, 2006, 3:19 PM
In connection with using Verizon, what type of phone number do you each have? For example, we are near Pittsburgh, so will we and the office in Mexico both have a cell phone with a local Pittsburgh number? We currently use Verizon, but it is America's Choice Business Share Plan. I will have to check with my Verizon rep regarding North American Plan, as I think they are different. Thanks for your suggestions.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.