Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Purchasing Unlocked Phones from Overseas

jhunta

Oct 28, 2005, 11:08 AM
Has anyone had any success purchasing brand new, unlocked, GSM phones from over seas? I really want to get the N91 but it's not offered in the US yet (big surprise). And it's doubtful that it will make it to the US market within a reasonable timeframe.
I've tried eBay only to be tempted by a con artist claiming to use an escow service. And I've looked into a number of websites (mostly from Barcelona, Spain), but they all want a cash payment via Western Union. Like I'd ever do that!
So I am about to give up and settle for another crappy US phone that doesn't have the features I want.
Please help!
everman

Oct 28, 2005, 4:03 PM
Try Nokia's website.
brainfryer

Oct 31, 2005, 12:00 PM
the n91 isnt available anywhere yet mate, not till next year, anyone who can only accept payment through western union is clearly a fraudster. (western union being non traceable)

looks like ur waitin till 06 like me :S
scp

Nov 7, 2005, 2:36 PM
i'm getting an unlocked gsm phone from buy.com
zenithcellular

Nov 24, 2005, 6:20 AM
YES I SELL MANY PHONE TO AMERICA.please email me at zenithcellularint@yahoo.com i would like to send you all the info on the phones and applications and how we make phones play full length movies
Insert Witty Name Here

Nov 28, 2005, 2:33 PM
🙄 Do you ask for payment upfront?

I see your account is no longer active. Well, well, well. That's not a good sign, is it?
Vox Dei

Dec 9, 2005, 8:22 PM
Probably upfront and through western union so it can't be tracked. You may or may not get your phone but it's probably stolen as is anyway.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.