Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

show all 24 replies

Overall Best Global Carrier

spirit22

Sep 22, 2005, 8:16 PM
Forgive me in advance for this thread if what I'm asking is redundant...

In all of the extensive reading on this board that I've done I cannot seem to get a sense of which carrier is best globally. Maybe it is that there are no true global carriers yet, I'm not sure.

My situation is that I live on the east coast but do a lot of travel to Europe and Turkey and thought I should broaden my scope of carriers to consider rather than doing the whole purchasing of pre-paid SIM cards when i get overseas.

Thoughts/Suggestions/Opinions?
stevelvl

Sep 22, 2005, 9:49 PM
read this exerpt from a previous message i posted

https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »
nextel18

Oct 4, 2005, 4:09 PM
steve, sprint isnt better then vodafone. so stop being biased and think outside the box.....
stevelvl

Oct 8, 2005, 9:35 AM
when replying to posts oin these forms i only thing of us companies. nd vodaphone is not a us company bla bla bla yes i know they own a substantial portion of verizon vut sprint still has better roaming agreements and roamng rates the verizon. as far as global carriers go look at the rates and coverage. over all sprint is the best.

of course if you want to sell vodaphone at you mall keyosk be my guest.
beenthere

Oct 8, 2005, 3:15 PM
i read that and felt like you had a jamacian accent
stevelvl

Oct 8, 2005, 11:23 PM
maybe i am jamacan man.
mistercrinkles

Oct 18, 2005, 10:42 AM
Don't listen to Steve, he can't spell.
nextel18

Oct 12, 2005, 6:59 AM
he is asking what is the overall best global carrier and that isnt sprint becuase it is vodafone. vodafone has a bigger footprint, more subscribers, more assets, and more affiliates/partners/subsiduaries then sprint and frankly many other big carriers.
scotsboyuk

Oct 3, 2005, 9:49 PM
Vodafone operate throughout much of Europe and qquite a bit of the rest of the world too. They don;t always go by the Vodafone name, sometimes they use a subsidiary network.

Vodafone also operate 'Vodafone Passport' so that one's mobile can be used in some countries as if one were at home after paying 75p at the start of each phone call. What this means is that if one buys a Vodafone mobile in Britain and takes it to one one Vodafone's Passport countries one pays 75p for each call, which is then charged at the price you would pay back in Britain e.g. if you have free minutes then it costs nothing except the 75p.
nextel18

Oct 4, 2005, 4:08 PM
i agree with scottss. i think vodafone is the best global carrier becuase they have the most customers, a lot of spectrum, and coverage.

i say go with them.

(their partners are good too)
Justin__L

Oct 22, 2005, 12:33 PM
He said that he is in the USA and the rest of the world. Sure, Vodafone is great, but when he comes back to the US, Voda becomes Verizon(GSM becomes CDMA), so if he wants a full featured phone and the same number everywhere. T-Mobile is the best option. GSM everywhere, presence throughout the world, and low roaming rates.
scotsboyuk

Oct 22, 2005, 4:15 PM
@Justin

That is a good point, Vodafone is a good choice for the rest of the world, but obviously not America. It's a shame Vodafone didn't succeed in their bid to buy AT&T as they would also have an American GSM network.
colione112

Dec 16, 2005, 12:59 AM
I would go with cingular. New rates have come out that are substantially cheaper than before, without a monthly fee, or if you don't mind the montly fee, you could get the rates even cheaper still. You will also be able to use data (internet) in europe and turkey.

Best news, is you get to choose from ALOT more phones than just the one that sprint offers. Verizon also has an international phone, but only one so far.
phonehore

Dec 20, 2005, 11:50 AM
You cant be serious, the overall best Global Carrier is t-mobile, they are truely a global company, they only pioneered GSM in the US 😉 , They got the ball rolling, as far as, getting the US up to speed on global subscribers,and their based in germany. best contracts one year, great roaming and international rates with over 200 countries, and they unlock their phones for a small charge after 3 months of good service for their subscribers, Cingualr wont do that ever! they are to greedy. T-mobile offers a great phone selection too! On top of that, if you dont like the phones they offer here in the US you can buy any gsm phone that has at least the 1900 american frezqk, now lets talk about phone selection! 😲
colione112

Dec 20, 2005, 11:56 AM
Thats true about T-Mobile, but my comments were based on Cingular, Verizon and Sprint (the current leaders in the US)

Tmobile has a huge global reach, in both coverage, and phone selection (on the international scale). But in the US they seriously lack in coverage, and usually play follow the leader on phones.
phonehore

Dec 20, 2005, 10:02 PM
🙂 Well if you think a Leader is based on size then go ahead, however, some of the best leaders, dont follow the pack, the pack ends up following them, and that has been T-Mobile since their beginings. First to use GSM in the US. but because they're not adding subscribers at the rate of Cingular, or Verizon they're some how medeokrea, yea who cares if americans buy crap at whole sale, that doesnt make it better, although, everyone seems to think the more crap, the better. Seriously lack of coverage? says who, T-Mobile is in every one of the top 100 markets, and they have coverage in every major city and metro area, not to mention all major hwys and most biswys. who cares if they dont cover jack and jill in the po-dunk hills. neither do a l...
(continues)
freedomrep

Dec 21, 2005, 10:14 AM
Consumer Reports said what about T-Mo????? b/c the article I read said that Vzw was #1 in 17 of the 18 markets they surveyed, In Chicago we were statically tied with US Cell. So what was it CR said about T-MO?????? Oh that's right TMS doesn't hire people that can read. Their only requirement for a job is the ability to scam little old ladies.... So you should purchase the CR issue that you are refering to and walk down the mall to the Vzw store...I'm sure somewhere there will read it to you. After all we were ranked #2 by JD Pwr in Customer Service(#1 was US Cell) so what was it JD Pwr and CR said about T-mo???
phonehore

Dec 21, 2005, 10:24 AM
dont know what your reading cuz T-Moible was Ranked Highest in customer satisfaction for Business Wireless Service and Highest Ranked Wireless Customer Service Performance in 2005 national studies by J.D Power and Associates. and i grab the link for consumer reports be right back on the one
freedomrep

Dec 21, 2005, 11:07 AM
Still waiting on those links you promised 😁
freedomrep

Dec 21, 2005, 11:23 AM
🤣
freedomrep

Dec 21, 2005, 11:30 AM
I'm sure you can find some bs to support your claims at
http://www.themobilesolution.com/ » 🤣 🤣 🤣
phonehore

Dec 21, 2005, 12:11 PM
😁 consumerreports.com
freedomrep

Dec 21, 2005, 12:24 PM
Umm... you have to be a subscriber so since you read the article on their website you subscribe so just copy and paste...I now know for sure you work for TMS b/c you are dodging questions with vague answers 🤣
freedomrep

Dec 21, 2005, 12:58 PM
Doesn't provide the links you keep refering to even when asked for them you provide a vague reference to a site i have to pay to subscribe to I suggest you go purchase the Jan 06 issue of consumer reports and actually read the article
phonehore

Mar 17, 2006, 5:13 PM
yea just to get back to yea T-Mobile ranked #2 in 13 of the 18 tested, that anit bad at all.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.