Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

Using BlackBerry Overseas

spirit22

Apr 30, 2011, 11:37 PM
All,

Can anyone tell me about their experience using a BB overseas (Western Europe and China are my concern)? I understand the process of getting a prepaid SIM but I presume this doesn't answer the issue of support for data (email/text)? Am I wrong? Please advise...

P.S. I apologize for my stupidity
dadayk12

Sep 14, 2011, 7:30 PM
as long as you have a BB that is sim subsidy unlock.. you will be able to configure it to work with prepaid service in china and europe for data and sms..

if you want to use you BB overseas with the same US service provider without being charge roaming, you can turn the poaming option on your phone off and do wifi calling.. the mins that will be use will be deducted from your rateplam mins. just like you are calling here in US while overseas.. also wifi data service for internet and email is for free.. hope this will help.. 🙄
ernesthelmer

Nov 24, 2011, 1:09 PM
My brother travel frequently to Europe for work.He buy a local SIM card (any grocery store and machines in Heathrow, for example) for about $15. Gives him lots of minutes with which he can SMS. For calls back to the use, he uses Skype. All Skype calls back to the US are no charge.
cloud phone

Dec 24, 2011, 12:33 AM
BlackBerry is the brand what i using now,i think : Using BlackBerry Overseas with a BlackBerry concept phone is awesome.
http://www.idealcloudphone.com/category/blackberry »

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.