Phone Scoop

printed July 26, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=8&fi=2691564

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

Back to message list

Top message:  smallest iPhone? by Michelle1988   Oct 28, 2009, 5:31 AM

Replying to:  Re: I wouldn't say that... by bluedrummer27   Jan 28, 2011, 5:18 PM

Re: I wouldn't say that...

by Eruaphadion    Mar 30, 2011, 12:58 PM

Hmm... I would have to say you are incorrect.

1. I do have to cede to you that iPhones do work well but Android devices also work quite well depending on the manufacturer. Android is an OS - you can't say the OS is bad because the manufacturer makes mistakes. Every company customizes Android for their devices and sometimes makes mistakes. Some examples are Motorola's Motoblur (A major failure imo) or HTC's Sense . Try using a Nexus phone which uses stock Android before bashing the OS.

2. There are more Apps for Android and more of them are free than on iPhone. There are over 120,000 apps for android.

3. Android is not a ripoff of iOS, If you care to check, Android supported folders since it came out, Apple copied Android in that respect. Also, Android supports Social networking integrated into the OS, Apple does not.

Also Android itself does not freeze often, it is usually the customizations made by the manufacturer or a program that freezes it.

Also, you may note that Android 2.3 Gingerbread is designed for phones, 3.0 Honeycomb is specifically for tablets only. The reason many phones don't get the newest version immediately is that phone manufacturers modify Android heavily and have to update their mods to fit the new OS.

And as to a ripoff, I don't see iOS getting Flash support while Android has had it for quite some time. Also, being open source it can be customized unlike Apple's "love it or leave it" policy

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.