Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Question

Drunk

Jun 18, 2009, 12:50 PM
I know that GSM is global, and I know that CDMA is mostly in the U.S. but are there other CDMA networks besides U.S.

Also, what is the best GSM carrier for Global? I know at&t says some stuff but I don't like them and I want to believe in T-Mobile, are they any good for global?
HenaT

Jun 20, 2009, 9:06 AM
I think T-Mobile as a global carrier is pretty good. I mean seeing as they are like a part of Deutsche Telekom.
jcsj6776

Jun 20, 2009, 11:18 PM
Yes, there are two large GSM Carriers in Europe. Vodafone is the parent company for Verizon Wireless. Vodafone use gsm 900/1800 and 3g 2100. Vodafone is a English carrier and is the LARGEST Carrier in the world. I believe AT&T roams off this carrier however, so many little carrier that ATT could roam off. Now T-mobile parent company is Deutchcom but new name call T-Mobil Deutschland a German cellular carrier. They also use GSM 900/1900 and 3g 2100.

Good info. Verizon Wireless changed their name from Airtouch Cellular to Verizon Wireless when the Vodafone aquired Verzon Wireless. If you notice that Vodafone and Verizon Wireless have similar company colors and the Blackberry Storm came out in England first and the Omnia/jet the GSM versi...
(continues)
Nadesico81

Jun 30, 2009, 3:46 AM
Depending on where you are in western eroupe you Might roam off of o2. o2 is a large GSM wireless company based in Spain with networks mostly in the UK, Spain, Germany and a couple of other EU countrys.

Keep in mind that you can pick the network you want to roam off of as well under network settings.
NEPats726420

Aug 4, 2009, 6:18 PM
i think o2 is in italy as well, i think wind is in italy too
GraGG

Jul 1, 2009, 4:42 PM
facetious
ulcards

Jul 7, 2009, 8:47 AM
Yes, there is alot of countries outside of the US that support CDMA. Mexico, Canada, and many more.. but as far as the carrier best in the GSM network US carrier would be ATT as far as supported in more counrties, but each carrier in the US has a better deal with outside roaming partners depending on the country your traveling too..
Nadesico81

Jul 14, 2009, 3:06 AM
Got news for you. If you have ANY GSM provider with a phone that picks up the proper signal and the ability to roam outside of the USA. ( times out of 10 you will have serivce. It wont always be cheap but none the less you will have service.

For instance in Qatar there is only one phone company and they charge most american and EU providers $2.99-3.99 per min.

And dont buy that ATT crap of more bars in more places they are talking about world wide GSM coverage. So one could assume T-Mobile USA could say the same thing.
Veritas117

Jul 26, 2009, 8:07 AM
I believe the carrier still has to negotiate the roaming agreement...
SprintCC

Aug 4, 2009, 3:14 PM
Not always true. I know of a few places in the middle east that I had signal with an AT$T phone and someone next to me with T-Mobile did not.
NEPats726420

Aug 4, 2009, 6:19 PM
its all based on roaming agreements with the other country carrier

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.