Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

traveling to mexico

bodacious1981

Mar 2, 2009, 4:19 PM
need toknow what kind of phone is good to travel with and what company and in carrier?
elmraygoza

Jun 4, 2009, 11:16 PM
If you are using AT&T you should be able to roaming automatically. You can also get roaming at a discount through a Mexican plan that is offered through AT&T. In Mexico Telcel works well with AT&T in fact you can keep you own number from the US. I believe T-Mobile may work down there since most carriers in Mexico are on the same GSM system.
gsmcentral

Jun 15, 2009, 12:41 PM
if you have a spare unlocked triband phone I suggest you bring it along and purchase a prepaid Tel-Cel/movie star sim when you arrive. Even with a mexican plan through ATT you have the potential to get an arm and a leg chopped off with roaming charges, depending on how you use your phone. I suggest bring it along, dont answer just use it as a pager and use the prepaid mexican sim to make calls.

This helps as all charges will be prepaid and shouldn't have the ability to surprise you.

Hope this helps.
jcsj6776

Jun 20, 2009, 10:51 PM
If you are a Verizon Wireless user or a CDMA user then you would be automaticly roaming on IUSACell. They use CDMA. Verizon Wireless help with their inferstructure. If your phone is tri mode (digital 850 1900 and analog) then your phone should see IUSACell first. If IUSACell has no coverage or they don't have a market in that area then you would roam on the next Carrier most likely TelCell which uses TDMA/GSM/Analog. If your phone has analog it will roam on their network. hope this helps

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.