Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Travel in UK

foshmc

Jan 21, 2009, 12:16 PM
Planning on trip to UK in May. Any problems with AT&T in the UK. I will be using BB Bold which I am told is a world phone. Any feedback please?
ajlineman

Jan 21, 2009, 9:42 PM
Yeah, I'd DEFINATLY call AT&T before leaving the country with one of their phones.
While travling outside the U.S. your voice is billed at a per minute rate ALWAYS, rather then being deducted from an allotted minute balance like your used to.
http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/international/roam ... »
here is where you can get the per minute rates.
There is also information on this site of how to make those rates cheaper by added the correct feature. (look at the at&t world traveler)
In addition Data is charged differently, on roaming charges per KB for every bit of data transfered.
And messaging is also charged the same way, per message at a roaming charge.
I'd call AT&T, let them know where you're ...
(continues)
Nadesico81

Jan 22, 2009, 2:23 AM
I would call ATT and make sure you have the right fetures added. Or better yet ask them to unlock the phone.

I am American & live in the UK. I work for a Vodafone shop part in addition to my full time job. When I am back home my Vodafone roams at 2.00 pounds a min on ATT which sucks nutz.

If your phone is unlocked its as simple as puting in a SIM cards from any of the UK main Mobile Networks.

I reccomend Vodafone & 02 for the best coverage. Orange T- Mobile UK is good if you want cheap rates but so so coverage. And for the love of GOD stay away from 3 (yes 3 is the name of the wireless provider). They are the armpit of the UK market.

Most SIM cards will cost 10.00 pounds to buy and can be re chanrged any where. Almost all shops...
(continues)
fonepimp

Jan 23, 2009, 4:12 AM
the network is good. if voice is the main thing being used a 5.99/mo plan will cost .99/min. but data is going to be a lil expensive. If you want/going to use browser it will be .02/kb w/o a 64.99/mo BB int. plan (which must be on account for 12mos. or you'll pay $175 to cancel it). To avoid that call cust care to unlock the phone it will take a week to get the unlock code but youll be able to use local service in the uk.
calvin80

Jan 23, 2009, 8:30 AM
I think UK is the most expensive of all places for telecom...asian countried are much cheaper the US is sorta better as well! 😡
Midnight Toker

Mar 4, 2009, 1:29 PM
You shouldn't have any issues using your Bold over in Europe as at&t has roaming partnerships with Vodafone, Orange, T Mobile and other GSM wireless carriers. Don't forget the English were the ones to first develope GSM (900/1800 MHz).
GraGG

Mar 6, 2009, 9:54 PM
weak

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.