Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Best SIM card for access in Europe

gadgetaddict

Dec 30, 2003, 11:29 AM
Where can I get the SIM card that will give me the most access in different countries in Europe. Any advice? I visit Europe maybe twice a year (mostly UK, France, Spain, Russia, Portugal, Germany), I'd like to buy a SIM that will allow me to buy prepaid minutes and use with my unlocked tri-mode GSM phone.

Thanks,
gadgetaddict
filerx

Jan 2, 2009, 8:36 PM
I would recommend T Mobile as their are one of the largest European wireless carriers.
filerx

Jan 3, 2009, 10:22 AM
People who travel overseas llama probably have pondered this question so I feel my response is quite appropriate. Thank you for your support llama.
llama

Jan 3, 2009, 10:51 AM
filerx said:
I would like to formally apologize to any and all Phone Scoop members for any disrespect as well as offense I may have caused to each one of you. No, my apology is not been driven by any reprimands by the moderators as none have been given as of yet. I do not wish to disrupt the hustle and flow of the forum as I know everyone here has built Phone Scoop to what it is. A contributor and not a hindrance in the discussions I shall be as well as stay on point to the topic on hand. I do appreciate the candor and constructive criticism received. It is appreciated and taken to heart.
filerx

Jan 3, 2009, 11:10 AM
Llama, your the greatest buddy!
Nadesico81

Jan 6, 2009, 2:27 AM
It does not Matter what SIM you use in Eroupe as long as its local to the country your spending the most time in. Take it from me I work for Vofafone in the UK.

All the diffrent networks in eroupe all roam on each other for the most part. The EU has come in over the last year and made the networks slash the roaming rates when you leave your home network.

It costs me less to make an Internatinal Call to the USA normaly a 1.99 (Sterling) then it does when I am makeing it off my home network. On mainland Eroupe my roam rate is fixed to a lower rate then on Vodafones UK network.

So when you in the EU you can thank the EU Central Goverment for fixing internatinal roaming rates.
andy2373

Jan 3, 2009, 1:09 AM
Forget US cell providers. You've got your own unlocked cell phone, try this.

http://www.maxroam.com/ »
Nadesico81

Jan 6, 2009, 2:30 AM
That place is a rip off. Best to buy a Sim card when you get to Eroupe. At London Heathrow and most major airports have vending machines with sims in them. A sim here costs about 5-10 pounds. And it can be filled at just about any store.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.