printed August 20, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=8&fi=1883888

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

Back to message list

Phone for USA, Japan, and Korea

by Exoman    Oct 9, 2008, 11:04 AM

I'm in Korea 3-4X per year and have always rented a phone at the airport. I believe Korea is CDMA, so my AT&T quad band GSM does not work and thus I cannot even retain my phone # with my SIM.

My AT&T contract is up and I've determined that Verizon seems to be the best choice with a Blackberry 8830 which does support CDMA. The store salesman claims it will work in Korea and suggests their 30 day trial to confirm. That's not good enough for me. I want confirmation NOW so I don't get to Korea and have to go through the hassle of renting at the airport. Anyone know?

If it's true that the BB 8830 works in Korea, it sure would be nice if AT&T had the same or similar phone so I could avoid migrating!!!

I've also been told that Japan and Korea are sharing the same network frequency. True or false?

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.