Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

Ideas for use in Norway & USA

EricD

Jul 26, 2008, 1:04 PM
I do not have a cell phone.

I am going to Norway for 1 year.

I was thinking of buying a T-Mobile prepaid Motorola V195 for $30 and activate a domestic account, then asking T-Mobile to unlock the phone, going to Norway and getting a local prepaid SIM card to use there. The idea is to have 2 SIM cards at my disposal, depending on the use I need or desire.

Is this pie in the sky? Am I better off to just buy an unlocked phone from the start? Are phones less expensive in Europe? Are SIM cards interchangeable?

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated.
mrcamp

Aug 2, 2008, 9:45 PM
Actually that's a very good idea. The V195 is a very good basic phone. I have 3 of them as backups. Also, bought one for my mom to use in West Africa, and got the unlock code from tmobile. At $30m buck for a quadband, it's an excellent deal.

Tmobile should unlock your phone after 90 days of service, and at least 1 topup. Just topup with the $25 refill that comes with it. If you can't wat 90 days, then use one of the 3rd parties, such as ebay to unlock it.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.