Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Sony Ericsso w200i MMS and internet

rando152

Jul 23, 2008, 2:14 PM
Hello my brother recommended this site for my problem haha. ok So i bought this unlocked SE w200i from tiger direct and well i put my AT&T card into it and i could call peolpe and text just fine then i tryed to send a picture message and got some weird thing saying it couldnt connect so i looked around and ryed entering settings to no avail, i check the SE site and they dont have settings on that phone for my network, i've looked at it a bit and concluded it was made for the virgin mobile UK free sim program because it 1) has a sim card 2) has virign mobile logo pics in the memory. it is cpmpletely free loking n the outside no logo other than SE. but ig uess what im asking for is if anyone has any info on how to connect this phone to the AT&...
(continues)
stevereyes1987

Jul 25, 2008, 1:11 PM
If you already tried to enter the correct ATT settings manually and by use of the SE settings tools it could be that they are not changing because it is made for another network so it is not really "unlocked" You can try to unlock the phone. Does your internet work with cingular?
rando152

Jul 26, 2008, 9:46 AM
Well the phone is a virgin mobile SIM free phone i made that assumption because of the pics in it with virgin mobile logo but other wise i can make calls and it sends regular text just fine, the browser also says virgin mobile when i look at it from the menu but when i try to go into it, it can't connect. i look at the unlock menu in the sony ericsson and everything has an unlocked pad-lock, btw im not going to be using AT&T anymore the pricing for there service is to much for me, so i'm switching to t-mobile
stevereyes1987

Jul 26, 2008, 11:00 AM
It sounds like the phone is not unlocked. It seems it is branded to virgin mobile so you will not be able to have it connect to other networks via the internet for the web surfing or the MMS because the MMS uses the internet. Calls and normal text messages do not use the internet so those will work.
rando152

Jul 26, 2008, 11:51 AM
Steve may i ask is it possible to unbrand my phone so i can use other providers internet
stevereyes1987

Jul 26, 2008, 12:33 PM
Yes, it can be done. The only problem is that I do not know how. You should be able to find some local stores that can unbrand/flash it so it will work with any gsm provider. Nokia and SE are usually the easiest phones to unbrand from what my unbrander tells me.
rando152

Jul 26, 2008, 12:43 PM
called up tmobile they fixed it lol!!! =D
stevereyes1987

Jul 26, 2008, 12:47 PM
what was the problem with it?
rando152

Jul 26, 2008, 1:09 PM
Idk AT&T couldn't give me the correct settings but i called T-Mobile they sent a install text to my phone i hit install it put all the right data in it and now it works, i think i may have to unbrand it though to have the internet work... lol
stevereyes1987

Jul 29, 2008, 7:05 AM
That install text is the text that you can have SE send you from their site. The SE text usually works but great job from T-mobile to provide support. ATT is hard to get support from for phones they do not sell.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.