Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Unlocking Verizon LG phones?

novendhippy

May 15, 2008, 10:42 AM
I got my LG enV phones from Verizon. My question is, do i need to unlock the Phones first before i can use it with another provider in my home country. Because we uses the same CDMA modes down here in Indonesia. Thx
Brandon Shelley

May 16, 2008, 9:02 PM
Yes, I believe you will need to unlock the phone first before you can use it with another provider.

But check to see in, call them up and ask.
trickykitty

May 21, 2008, 1:24 AM
you cant unlock verizon phones. theres currently no way to do so. sorry.
acepfool

Jul 7, 2008, 1:18 PM
That is inaccurate, you can unlock verizon phones. Metropcs is doing it and you can now take sprint, verizon, and alltel phone on metropcs network.
stevereyes1987

Jul 8, 2008, 8:03 AM
Metropcs is allowing using other CDMA phones with their service but its not unlocking the phone at all. as far as I know CDMA phones do not work that way, but as long as you can get the settings right for a company, the phone will work with that company but companies like sprint and verizon are very very strict about that.
Bozothecellguy

Sep 9, 2008, 12:36 PM
i forgot, its called flashing
Bozothecellguy

Sep 9, 2008, 12:35 PM
ALL phones can be unlocked
liquidfire

Jul 14, 2008, 8:13 PM
not sure about the LG phones, but moto's you can easily flash to the software of your carrier and then use it as long as your carrier doesnt care where the ESN comes from
icyhandlz

Aug 28, 2008, 4:49 PM
You can unlock the phone but make sure you are using cdma and not the wcdma...they are 2 completely different technologies....i was unaware of any country besides american using cdma.....

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.