Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Best place to buy phone for international travel?

susan7874

Apr 15, 2008, 5:36 PM
I really need advice. I will be leaving in two days for 5 month trip to incl: South Pacific, New Zealand,Australia,SE Asia,India, and Africa.

I cannot figure out what would be the most cost-effective phone including SIM card, and best place to purchase it.

Is it more expensive to buy in Fiji,New Zealand,Australia- than U.S.?

Would purchasing a Passport+ SIM card be advisable? Has anyone any experience purchasing phone through STA Travel?

Is there any particular rate plan/phone you would recommend?

I just want basic phone, preferably with a camera, and hopefully keep same phone number regardless of country.

Thanks for your help.

z
agent smith

Apr 22, 2008, 4:36 PM
Its just a guess though.
ihateeverything

Apr 29, 2008, 12:11 PM
Buy ban unlocked quadband GSM phone. It is cheaper to buy prepaid sim cards in their respective countries than it would be to use roaming charges on a carrier you got a 2 year contract with.
ihateeverything

Apr 29, 2008, 12:11 PM
ban=an
LuxuryBlonde

May 30, 2008, 1:35 AM
Really? How do I know that they will lock my unlocked phone, how do I know that it's unlocked, and who do I tell once I get to the country?
Brandon Shelley

May 11, 2008, 3:51 PM
I buy my phones from a trusted website online, http://www.cellularfactory.com/

I've been buying them for the past 2 years and so has my relatives. They are trusted in their business. 😎
erinthetechgeek

May 30, 2008, 2:54 PM
why buy? rent one from cellhire.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.