Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

show all 9 replies

For heavy int'l. usage, should I go with T-Mobile (who has GSM) or Verizon Wireless (who has CDM)?

soulofsouth

Nov 18, 2007, 4:40 PM
For heavy international cell usage, is T-Mobile (with GSM) better than Verizon (with CDM)? I'm debating between the below 2 options:

1) go with T-Mobile (with their GSM network) & get their Bberry 8800?;

or go with Verizon (which has a CDM network) & get VzW's BBerry 8830 "World Edition" cell??

Any advice? I just need to be able to take a plane to Europe, get off the plane, and use my cell phone for voice & data? Thanks in advance all you informed readers out there...
soulofsouth

Nov 18, 2007, 4:43 PM
To get more specific....

My options are:

1. T-Mobile (w GSM) and get T-Mobile's "BBerry 8800"?; or

2. Verizon Wireless (w CDM) and get VzW's "BBerry 8830 World Edition"?

Which option will have better:

1. international connectivity?
2. pricing?

Thanks all.
Rich Brome

Nov 30, 2007, 10:50 AM
Both should have the same connectivity in major countries. If you're going to some really oddball small countries, you may want to check coverage in those countries, but otherwise you should be fine.

Rates vary by country. You should work up a list of a few countries you plan to visit most, then check with both companies about roaming rates in each of those countries. Here are rates:

http://mobileoptions.vzw.com/internationalsvcs/globa ... »

http://www.t-mobile.com/international/roamingovervie ... »
NaCH

Dec 5, 2007, 10:12 AM
Sprint? We have the 8830 and our intl plan is 4 bucks a month. If you need it here we have so many people on the unlimited plan for 200. Tmob will rob you on the data though.
overboost_t88

Dec 5, 2007, 12:33 PM
also with gsm if you over there for a while you can just get local service where ever your at get a local sim and your good

one more thing cdma networks cant do 😲 😛
Rich Brome

Dec 5, 2007, 1:51 PM
For Verizon that is true.

However Sprint offers CDMA/GSM world phones that are unlocked on the GSM side so you can use local SIM cards.
overboost_t88

Dec 5, 2007, 2:25 PM
tru but most cdma/gsm phone only have 2 oversea's bands not us bands also !

850-1900 we use here and 900-1800 over seas
i think something like that so yes if the gsm side is unlocked it wont matter b/c you still cant use it in the states

just go with a quad band gsm and FORGET CDMA 😳 stupid a$$ 1980's tech

might as well go back to AMPS
🤣 🤣 😈

forget sprint and verizon they cant help you like t-mo and att and for the south east suncom 😲 soon to be t-mo anyways! 🙄

😉
Rich Brome

Dec 5, 2007, 1:49 PM
soulofsouth said:
My options are:
1. T-Mobile ...
2. Verizon Wireless

That's why I didn't mention Sprint.
overboost_t88

Dec 5, 2007, 12:31 PM
🤣

go gsm all the way GSM is what 92% of the world 🙄 uses only in america do you have CDMA networks lol 😛 ( so the cell nerds are not offended there are cdma networks in other places but the network is very small) 😉

gsm you will be glad ya did or you can get at&t (thats who i work for) 😁 😁 there GSM as well!

also make sure you have a 3G phone if you intend on going to japan or south korea
they are already at high speed! blackberry will not work yet in japan or so korea due to the diff network and blackberry has yet to release a 3G BB so hang tight but hey thats why we have sims so we can swap!! beat that verizon 😢
NaCH

Dec 5, 2007, 12:58 PM
As I said, the 8830 will fulfill all your needs and get you cheap data. Your call

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.