Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

Phone to travel with !

lilBoyBlue

Aug 6, 2007, 9:34 AM
Hey All - I'm going to be 6 weeks in Europe, and want to replace my old Nokia with something around 200-300 bucks. I'm a AT&T guy from WAY back, and will be using it with them on return. Been reading a LOT and know just enough to be dangerous LOL ! Heres the phones I've liked - any thoughts:

Nokia5300
Nokia6270
SamSung Black Carbon/SGH D900
Samsung840

Sony W580/S500(that AT&T contract ends JUST after I leave .. might get this later once it's got the 2 yr contract discount)

Can you tell I want a slider? Or a candybar...
They just feel more durable and my phones normally last me a cpl years.

Also - whats a good sourse for buying .. ? I've read a few horror stories about tech support if you don't buy through a carrier. NEWa...
(continues)
Ray

Aug 7, 2007, 7:34 AM
Just make sure the handset you choose is either triband or better yet, quadband and you'll be fine.
The Highlander

Aug 31, 2007, 6:59 AM
Let's don't forget to make sure the quadband is unlocked so if you want, you can pick up a few prepaid SIMs from the various wireless carriers overseas in the countries you'll be travelling. Beats having to pay at&t's monthly international roaming and dialing fee as well as the at&t rate per country for roaming.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.