Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

show all 11 replies

asia is more advance than the u.s. when it comes to cellphone technology!

par_slim

Jul 17, 2007, 2:59 PM
back then i thought america had everything to offer when it comes to advanced technology...but now, i am thinking otherwise, probably because of too much red tape, u.s.a is being left behind by asian countries such as japan and korea and even the philippines. japan is already moving to 4g while usa is still trying to face out its old tdma network. sprint is coming out with a feature wherein you could search for the location of your friends, philippines actually had this for more than 2 years now, you could actually reload your minutes anywhere or from anybody who has a reloading sim in the philippines, you need not purchase a prepaid card nor use your credit card. the n95 which was released last month in asia is just about to be released in ...
(continues)
sangyup81

Jul 17, 2007, 5:17 PM
actually it's also that most people in the USA aren't willing to spend more than $100 on a phone
par_slim

Jul 17, 2007, 5:48 PM
hahaha, good one! 🤣 they prefer out dated free phones instead??? hehehe
sangyup81

Jul 17, 2007, 9:46 PM
sadly yes 😢
wombough

Jul 17, 2007, 10:54 PM
I am in asia and Japan which is the most advance of all the asian countries and I don't see it. I think the US is on par and more advance in some areas. I get droped calls allot here and bad reception also. Their phones are not the impressive to me and the cost is crazy here!!! You pay for everything! Except incoming things!
wombough

Jul 17, 2007, 10:56 PM
Also they have cheap free phones here too. And very nice PDA phones. So don't think all their phones are top of the line. They are not. Some phones actully more then half of softbank (vodaphone) are not even 3g!
par_slim

Jul 18, 2007, 11:01 AM
wombough said:
I am in asia and Japan which is the most advance of all the asian countries and I don't see it. I think the US is on par and more advance in some areas. I get droped calls allot here and bad reception also. Their phones are not the impressive to me and the cost is crazy here!!! You pay for everything! Except incoming things!

well, im also in asia right now, the phones here are impressive man, what are you thinking??? hehehe not impressive??? what is impressive to you man??? dropped calls and poor service is just normal dude, wherever you may go, its not entirely with the network or the technology, there are a lot of reasons why you get those problems. "i could post those reasons upon reques...
(continues)
par_slim

Jul 18, 2007, 11:07 AM
par_slim said:
wombough said:
You pay for everything! Except incoming things!

wrong-o buddy! for $3.00 you could actually have unlimited calls and text messages all day long for 7 days in one carrier here. 1 whole month for $12. 😲 😁 😲
wombough

Jul 19, 2007, 1:35 AM
I am pointing out what I see. And yes they are better like video calling but nothign stands out to me! keyword to ME. They have nice PDA's but so does the US. Everything the phones have here my phone in the US had. I have a samsung here and its just like a samsung in the states! I know all about droped call and reasons. I am saying as advance as they are suppose to be I get more dropped calls here. And sometimes my phone doesn't even ring and I have a missed call on it. I don't know who you use but please let me know if you can get unlimited for that. I have softbank and it wasn't an option. I pay 8.00 a month for free incoming and pay for everything else. except mobile to mobile between 0200 and 2100.
par_slim

Jul 19, 2007, 12:00 PM
wombough said:
I am saying as advance as they are suppose to be I get more dropped calls here. And sometimes my phone doesn't even ring and I have a missed call on it. I don't know who you use but please let me know if you can get unlimited for that. I have softbank and it wasn't an option. I pay 8.00 a month for free incoming and pay for everything else. except mobile to mobile between 0200 and 2100.

maybe because asians dont care much about dropped calls as americans does. its actually a carrier in the philippines that offers that. i think ntt docomo is the best carrier in japan. one carrier in malaysia does as well.
par_slim

Jul 19, 2007, 12:01 PM
par_slim said:
wombough said:
I am saying as advance as they are suppose to be I get more dropped calls here. And sometimes my phone doesn't even ring and I have a missed call on it. I don't know who you use but please let me know if you can get unlimited for that. I have softbank and it wasn't an option. I pay 8.00 a month for free incoming and pay for everything else. except mobile to mobile between 0200 and 2100.

maybe because asians dont care much about dropped calls as americans do. its actually a carrier in the philippines (sun cellular) that offers that. i think ntt docomo is the best carrier in japan. one carrier in malaysia does as well.
wombough

Jul 19, 2007, 10:11 PM
Oh please I work with allot of Japanesse nationals on base here and here they bitch all the time about a call not going through. They do everything on a cell phone and when it doesn't work they are mad as hell. I don't know were you get they don't care. Doco mo is a good carrier but softbank formally vodaphone has the most extensive coverage in japan. Maybe other Asians don't care but just remember Japan like internet and phones. They are the fastest country when it comes to internet with the average speed 10mb/s. ANd have available 1gb/s if you want to pay!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.