Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

show all 6 replies

need help w/ options to call from US to Australia

paulyd04

Mar 22, 2007, 1:45 PM
Hey everyone! I am in need of some major help. Here is the situation. My sister is leaving for college in July in Australia. I have been researching certain options for domestic provider's international calling rates and phones, but i'm not finding anything interesting. Here is what I am looking for-

Some way to call from US (either moblie or land based) to an Australian Mobile Phone for an affordable rate. I was wondering does any company domestically partner with an international company to offer like a family plan or like a discounted rate if you are calling mobile to mobile within the same company. Any information would be much appreciated. Please email me directly at pdeyarman@gmail.com with any important info. Thanks everyone!
sangyup81

Mar 23, 2007, 9:50 AM
SiestaRandy

Apr 3, 2007, 2:45 PM
Try Sendglobal.com. You can call to a mobile for 18.5 cents to 21.9 cents per minute and to a fixed line for only 2.9 cents a minute. You wont find any international family plans period.
Cheers.
RaunchyFarts

Jun 8, 2007, 10:54 PM
I'd suggest VoIP provider, Skype.

www.skype.com
oneday

Jun 9, 2007, 1:17 AM
🙂 As an australian phone kiosk manager , i would sugest that you get your sister to buy a pre paid mobile here and then to buy a calling card , 100,s of differnt ones for her to call you with cheep rates , some as low as 1.5 cents a min , then you will have to find the best deal at your end to call her . No joke this is the best method for travelers , you can also do this for any country in the world . skype works but you both have to be on your computer at the same time . You can contact me at kaplinpeter@yahoo.com.au Peter 🙂
katrina

Jun 9, 2007, 2:25 PM
Yep, another route would be to get an Australian phone number that forwards to your cell phone (and/or vice-versa, your sister gets a US number that forwards to her) this is also really cheap and you don't have to worry about calling cards if you only call one number in the country.
(If you want more info on this, send me a PM on here)
rockprc

Jul 5, 2007, 8:00 AM
Try jajah.com

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.