Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

Internation phone service and phone options: currently with verizon

Oren Stone

Feb 15, 2006, 3:09 PM
Hi everybody. I'm new to the forum so hello.
I'm moving overseas next month and searching for my best options for cellphone service. I'm leaving to Israel in mid-march and verizon's options for service are limited if any.
The only option presented has been this:
https://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=406 »

for the price of $349.

I'm researching into other phones that I could use with my verizon service (global only) and hopefully I will be able to stay with verizon.

Verizon does not have international calling plans, so my only options now are cellphones.

I thank everybody ahead of time for the help and any suggestions, cellphone advice or personal experience.
Wireless Consultant

Feb 16, 2006, 6:05 PM
These are the global Verizon phones

Samsung SCH-a790
Samsung SCH-a795
Motorola a840
Samsung i830 PDA phone

I would get a unlocked GSM phone and go prepaid overseas. Its is cheaper.
mrcamp

Feb 24, 2006, 6:51 PM
Why do you need to stay with verizon when you'll be out of the country? Buy an unlocked GSM phone on ebay and buy a prepaid sim when you get to your destination.

I have sprintPCS myself, and I have 2 unlocked GSM phones (bought on eBay) for international travel. I go to London often, so I have a both Virgin-UK and Orange UK prepaid sims that we just pop into our phones when we are there.

You can get more info at the forums here:

http://www.prepaidgsm.net/ »
Rich Brome

Mar 5, 2006, 7:21 PM
If you'll be there for any length of time at all, (which I assume you are,) then staying with Verizon will be insanely expensive. It will cost you a fortune in roaming and international calling rates, and it will be very expensive for local people to call you because of your U.S. number.

I would recommend getting a phone and service from a local carrier instead.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.