Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

Selecting a PDA

bradshaw

May 12, 2004, 4:30 PM
I am trying to select a phone/PDA and will be using it internationally. Anyone have thoughts as to which device/carrier would be best? I am considering the Blackberry 7280 under ATTWS, T-Mobile or Cingular and the Treo 600 with Goodlink technology under Cingular. I am as interested in the quality of real time email service as I am with phone service (and don't know whether they are one in the same or not internationally).

I saw the string earlier re: 800/900/1800/1900 and ATTWS versus Cingular, but am not sure how to read that given that the 7280s offered by ATTWS and Cingular both have the 850/1800/1900 bands.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
realestatesean

Jun 22, 2004, 9:58 PM
I am trying to find the answer to the same question.

I'm looking at the TREO 600 - with ATT or Tmobile. Its expensive for minutes voice and not cheap for data - I havent been able to get a straight answer to the question "when do I pay for kb of data, when I get an email or when I download a file from the email" Could be hundreds of $s if recieved MB and MB of attachements like I'm prone to getting.
Starr06

Jun 27, 2004, 8:47 AM
T-Mobile offers unlimited internet and email access for 19.99. We never charge by the KB. Do some indepth research and pricing to see what fits your budget the best.
realestatesean

Jun 28, 2004, 9:16 AM
I am leaning towards Tmobile for in US service. Tmobile DOES charge per KB when travelling internationally. It was about $.015 per KB that I was quoted. So if someone sent me a 2MB file - I would be cha2rged
2000KB
X $.015
= $30

One of my key questions is "Am I charged if someone SENDS me an email attachment or ONLY if I download/open that attachement on the device?"

Do you know the answer to that?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.