Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

Buying phone from out of country

ovega03

Oct 11, 2005, 12:48 AM
I was wondering if anyone has bought a phone off line that is not offered in the united states and has activated it somehow through a provider. I have heard of some people buying some cool phones from Europe and activating them in the US. If anyone has any info, let me know where you got your phone and how you activated the service, if this is possible, i would love to get my hands on some of those advanced phones that we wont see in the US for another 2-3 years.
mrcamp

Oct 13, 2005, 1:18 PM
Yes, you can do that with GSM phone without any problems. One of the GSM phones I use with tmobile was bought in London. What matters is the phone has the appropriate bands, and that it's unlocked.
ovega03

Oct 16, 2005, 11:38 PM
thanks for the reply. do you know if verizon would provide me with a sim if i were to buy my own "unlocked" phone without a sim card? In other words, has anyone given verizon their phone and had it successfully activated?
mistercrinkles

Oct 18, 2005, 10:38 AM
Verizon doesn't use SIM cards. Their network is incompatible with any phones from Europe.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.