Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

working phone in puerto penasco (rocky point)mexico

mj23guy

Sep 26, 2005, 12:57 PM
I travel to rocking point with my kids quite often, I worry about the 60 mile stretch from the border to town without a working phone.
I have been told to by un unlocked gsm phone her in the states and I can take it down and purchase a sim card from telcel and I will have a working phone. Does anyone know if this is correct, I was also told the band is 1900 there. my current carrier is sprint and even though they say they have coverage we have not been able to get it to work any help would be great
Fenix1003

Sep 26, 2005, 6:12 PM
only cingular would work with telcel since both their technologies are comparable
mrcamp

Oct 13, 2005, 1:24 PM
Telcel has very good coverage in mexico, so as long as you have an unlocked phone with the appropriate band (850/1900 mexico is probably 1900) you can just get a telcel sim when you get there. You can buy the sime online before you go, but you will pay premium for it.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.