Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

two weeks of service in France, Italy, Switzerland

adamooo2

Sep 20, 2005, 11:38 AM
I am a US Verizon subscriber (also my wife has Sprint). We're travelling for two-plus weeks in October in France, Italy, and briefly in Switzerland, and I'd like to have temporary cell service there, but mostly for emergency uses and to confirm hotel reservations etc.

Presuming that I don't want to buy the Verizon Samsung world phone, and that therefore Verizon and Sprint aren't any help with this, is there a reasonable-cost way to have a cell phone in Europe for less than a month?

If I buy the Verizon/Samsung a790, do I sign up for service through Verizon, or is it just an "unlocked" SIM once I'm over there and I can get a pre-pay number or something? Has anyone used the a790 in southern France or northern Italy?

Any other reas...
(continues)
rockprc

Sep 20, 2005, 12:17 PM
"Can you hear me now?" only works in USA. In Europe you need:
a GSM phone with 900/1800 frequency coverage, unlocked
Prepaid SIM card you can buy locally or on-line to put in your GSM phone

You can buy inexpensive GSM phones in Europe or Ebay. You can shop around for prepaid SIM card on-line like www.prepaidgsm.net.

Leave your vzw or sprint phones at home! 😁
Have fun in Europe!
mrcamp

Sep 20, 2005, 7:55 PM
As posted above, Buy an unlocked phone on ebay with at least the 900/1800 bands, then buy prepaid sim. More likely you want the riiing sim, that will work in all three countries, with free incoming calls and SMS. Definitely check out www.prepaidgsm.net

Wew are with sprint too. But me and the wife also have 2 unlocked GSM phones (Moto V551 and Nokia 3120) that we use for international travel.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.