show all 9 replies

nokia 6630

cdb5300

Jan 30, 2005, 10:13 AM
Does anybody know when it will arrive in the us
and where can i buy one now,chuck
Rich Brome

Jan 31, 2005, 7:01 PM
No. It's a 3G phone for Europe and Asia only. Nokia has not announced a version of that phone that will work on 3G networks in the U.S.
jsherouse

Feb 20, 2005, 10:51 PM
so you mean if i buy one off of ebay i cant use it here in the u.s, or can i?
Rich Brome

Feb 21, 2005, 10:31 AM
It would need to be unlocked, and most 3G phones are more difficult to unlock than typical GSM phones.

If it was, you could use it with a GSM 1900-only carrier like T-Mobile, but none of the 3G features would work, so in my opinion it would be somewhat a waste of money - you're paying extra for advanced features you'll never be able to use.
Fone Fanatic

Apr 20, 2005, 7:41 AM
well, first, i have the 6630 here in texas, bought it from the middle east, and i'm on cingular, i used to be with t-mobile but they ripped me off. Also theres no difference in unlocking 3g phones from other phones.
Iselltheshitoutofphones

Apr 27, 2005, 1:33 PM
I know Nokia's are the easiest to unlock of all manufacturers and yuors probably came unlocked. I was under the impression that 3G handsets were more difficult to unlock. GUess not.

Will
texaswireless

Apr 27, 2005, 2:19 PM
Hey Will,

I figured out the deal with the commissions and why they are so high. Call me and I will give you the lowdown. I KNEW something didn't sound right.
RearCog

May 5, 2005, 7:03 PM
I am using the 6630 with Cingular in Spokane WA. This is a great phone! As mentioned above the 3G services do not work. You can buy this phone unlocked from TigerDirect.com. If you want to use WAP, MMS, and SMS you will have to set them up for cingular as the phone comes programed for Europe or Asia.

At the time I bought this phone it was the only Symbian Series 60 feature pack 2 phone on the market (I think the 6680's are FP2 but I am not sure) which is exactly what I wanted.

My only complaint is the phone's over security on untrusted third part applications!!! Is VERY BAD!!! I use Opra for my web browser. The phone does not let me "ALWAYS allow" Opera to connect to the Internet. The best it does is ask me once per time I open...
(continues)
Fone Fanatic

Apr 20, 2005, 7:42 AM
yes you can use it in the US. just make sure its unlocked, if it isnt then theres sites that can unlock it for you.
scotsboyuk

Apr 26, 2005, 11:19 AM
I don't think it is so much a question of whether one can use the 6630, but rather whether one would want to use it. The 6630 is a 3G handset and, as has been mentiioned, the 3G features will not work in North America. If one isn't bothered by this then fair enough, but it does seem to be something of a waste of money when one could buy a handset that one will get full use of.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.