Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

Sprint International - new question

blackiegq

Jan 4, 2008, 5:41 PM
I am just about to begin frequent international travel and am analyzing if I should stay with Sprint or move to someone else. My question is that on the Sprint website, it gives certain locations in a country where I will have service, but not necessarily in the location where I will be (I'll be doing mission work in Haiti initially). In doing additional research on other sites, I see that there is GSM 900 service in the area that I will be in. If I simply get a Sprint phone that works on that band (such as the new Blackberry) am I covered, or does Sprint need to specify that I have service in that area?

Thanks for helping a newbie out. 🙂
wombough

Jan 5, 2008, 4:09 PM
you need to get a sim card through sprint and you can use it in any GSM phone. However you can also by the world phone through sprint with a sim and activate international roaming and then you are covered in allot of CDMA countries and GSM counties no matter were you are on one phone!
Marcus Fenix

Jan 16, 2008, 7:33 PM
Make sure you have international roaming on your account prior to leaving the US.
dssl

Jan 21, 2008, 8:16 AM
🤣 the new way of firing employess abroad.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.