Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

Phone from China to US Verizon

motormike

Oct 16, 2007, 10:16 AM
Hello helpful people, my gf and I are moving to the middle of the US (South Dakota) and she has a sweet phone and I want to get one but I want to be sure it will work in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. I've been researching and I want to be sure. Verizon is the biggest carrier and from my past experience the better one in that area. Can someone tell me what my options are? Can I get a nice Nokia or Motorola phone here that will be useful there. On top of that if my fiancee and I can bring our phones from China and they support text messaging in Chinese will we be able to text over our US providers in Chinese?
wombough

Oct 16, 2007, 1:46 PM
once again verizon will not activate any phone on their network unless it was sold by them. Also not all of china is CDMA only parts like hong kong.
Rich Brome

Nov 30, 2007, 10:53 AM
No. Most Chinese phones cannot be used with Verizon.

Some Chinese phones are CDMA and may be technically compatible on some level, but I'm not sure they support the menus and software necessary to activate them on Verizon's network. Even if they do, any advanced features will not work, so it would be a waste of money and effort. You're guaranteed to get a phone with more WORKING features if you get it direct from Verizon.
NaCH

Dec 5, 2007, 10:11 AM
Just get a windows phone and download the simplified chinese language pack

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.