Home  ›  Forums  ›

Around the World

all discussions

show all 11 replies

using european phones in the us

rhaf

Jul 28, 2007, 6:26 AM
Hi there,

I have some friends travelling through the States. They have a so called quad-band phone which has the obvious 1900MHz band needed in most of the US.

Unfortunately in large parts of Utah, California and Arizona they could not get any connections. Strangely enough this could not be attributed to lack of mobile phone ground relay stations as local americans were able to use their phones in some of these places.

Any ideas how this can be?

Regards,
Jan
wombough

Jul 28, 2007, 8:17 AM
yeah simple does not support 800. Or the international carrier did not have a roaming agreement with whoever provided coverage were he or she went!
Ray

Jul 28, 2007, 3:49 PM
More than likely Jan's friends' European wireless carrier doesn't have a roaming agreement with the wireless carriers in the parts of UT, CA and AZ. The reason I say this is if Jan's friends' handsets were quad band GSM, they would have picked up the 850 MHz networks.
wombough

Jul 28, 2007, 10:42 PM
I said that because some don't know what they have. Maybe its not quad band!
Ray

Aug 2, 2007, 5:26 PM
As long as it was quad band as I mentioned, the customer's handset should have worked provided the wireless carriers all had roaming agreements established with one another.
wombough

Aug 2, 2007, 10:51 PM
OK did I argue that fact? NO. I just said that some don't know what they have! So their are only two options why it didn't work. That was all!
Ray

Aug 2, 2007, 11:08 PM
There (place) not their (possesive)
wombough

Aug 2, 2007, 11:57 PM
You are a English major? Did you get my point? We all can't be as perfect as you!
Ray

Aug 4, 2007, 5:31 PM
No, my undergraduate degree is in Public Communications/Advertising. I minored in English though. May enroll in a year or two and get my JD in Law.
wombough

Aug 5, 2007, 8:11 PM
congrats. I majored in comon sense! And life experiance. Proved to me to be more vauluable then any degree.
fozzyface

Aug 7, 2007, 6:23 PM
there is at least spell check though.
wombough

Aug 7, 2007, 10:32 PM
Well i don't have time. I don't get paid to be on here and my time is limited. If you can understand what I am saying its should be good enough. I am not talking ebonics or something other then english! It was proven that the human brain only reads the first and last letter of a word and the number of words and you will know what it means.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.