Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Moto V710 and sending yourself mp3 tones.........

AVIOUS2001

Aug 22, 2004, 2:39 PM
I just got the new Moto 710 and was trying to figure out how to send my self mp3 tones. I found a website (www.fotobin.com) that sends absolutely free ringtones to VZW phones, they sent me a few mp3 ringtones but i cant figure out how to do it myslef. If I go to vzwpix.com I can send tones to the phone but only in midi format. If anyone has any info that would help I would appreciate it. Thnx.
voxel5000

Aug 25, 2004, 4:15 PM
better way:
1.go to walmart.com and goto their music section
2.search for song you want on your phone
3.save .mp3 clip to your pc
4.rename song.mp3 to song.midi
5.email yourself the .midi in an attachment using your email client (outlook,eudora, etc)to [your cell #]@vzwpix.com
6.enjoy!
RichLok

Aug 25, 2004, 5:43 PM
Wow.. that trick made it out here huh? LOL. Problem is that it only works with Walmart supplied .mp3 files. You should buy a data cable, download MPT and create your own tones... 😁
vitoasaro

Aug 25, 2004, 8:57 PM
Motorola's MPT (Mobile Phone Tools) doesn't allow you to send ring tones to the V710 😡 (Even the latest versions). Maybe a new version of the firmware will allow this if the battle between Verizon & Motorola ends in the consumers' favor. In response to all those who were wondering where to find MPT for free, you should be able to find it at http://www.vstuff.co.uk/, though this may be the upgrade only.

If you've used MPT to transfer ringtones to the v710, please post detailed instructions as to how you did it.
AVIOUS2001

Aug 27, 2004, 10:48 AM
I've figured it out but the only way to get mp3 into the 710 by using the trans flash memory card.
djtnut

Sep 3, 2004, 1:02 AM
how do I check that vzwpix.com account on my Moto v710?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.