See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=7&fi=2640334

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

Back to message list

JAVA j2me and Kyocera Torino s2300

by Matrixlaser    Jan 31, 2011, 9:04 PM

Hello everyone,

I bought a Kyocera Torino yesterday from a MetroPCS store. I checked out the specs on this site for my phone and it mentioned that some versions support J2ME.

I contacted Kyocera tech support nad they directed me to MetroPCS tech support since the phones are customised for each carrier. When I contacted MetroPCS tech support, they asked their supervisor and told me that "I can download the application and if it works it works and if it doesn't it doesn't."

When I protested that their answer could mess up my phone, they gave me the phone number to their corporate store. When I called their corporate store, they told me that I can't use JAVAME on this phone and when I wanted further assistance, they told me that I have to come in person.

Fearing that I get the run-around if I go to their HQ, I decided to call the store I bought the phone from and the guy who sold me the phone told me that he gets the run-around too. H e explained that chances are the phone I bought was customized by Kyocera for MetroPCS, blocking the compalibility with JAVA.

Does anyone know if I can download and use JAVAME (J2ME) on this phone? Also if MetroPCS disbles this feature, does anyone know how I can enable this feature?

Thank you very much for your help,

Report to moderator

Replies

No replies to this message

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.