Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

show all 10 replies

WinMo 7 or Android on HD 2

skywalkershawty

Apr 14, 2010, 5:48 PM
Does anyone know about anything regarding this?
ShoopDaWoop

Apr 14, 2010, 6:08 PM
You should be a little bit more specific on what information you're inquiring about. If you're inquiring about what system it's running, the HD2 is running WinMo. The Evo, which is a Sprint, is very similiar in specs to the HD2, is the one running on Android.
skywalkershawty

Apr 14, 2010, 6:36 PM
No bud, as I said, WinMO 7 or Android on the hd2, the hd2 currently has WinMo 6.5... thas why it asks does anyone know anything about it lol
IrishCarBomb

Apr 15, 2010, 8:19 PM
I know plenty, but if you can't find the info, then you shouldn't be messing around with either one.

Not to sound like a jack @ss, but it is a simple as that. If you can't find the info, then you shouldn't be messing around with stuff like that which can break your phone, voids your warranty, and so forth, especially if you don't know how to read instructions and find information on the matter.
skywalkershawty

Apr 15, 2010, 9:04 PM
I know how to do it, I just can't find a WORKING OS
IrishCarBomb

Apr 16, 2010, 12:59 PM
Like I said, it isn't hard to find the information, and if you can't then you shouldn't be messing around with it.

Not to be an ass, but seriously. If you can't do a simple google search, you should be flashing a custom ROM on your phone... I see people like you all day long on the development site I am a member of pissed off that they broke their phone because they didn't know what they were doing or how to follow simple instructions.

It seems the prevailing similarity between those people is the lack of ability to follow simple instructions and perform a simple google search is symbolic of lacking those skills.

So, once again, either find it on your own, using the tools you have at your disposal, or forget about it since there is...
(continues)
skywalkershawty

Aug 4, 2010, 1:40 PM
lol you're a douche, just saying, I didn't even see this until today... but I got it working, the reason I couldn't find a WORKING os is because back then they didn't have one that could actually WORK (all the basic functions like making a call, using the net, weren't functioning yet)
if you're not trying to HELP then keep your comments to urself A**HOLE...
but have a nice day ;)
deepc

Jul 25, 2010, 12:54 PM
XDA developers are working on a fix that allows Android to function on the HD2 but it's still got some kinks left.

I just ordered my HD2 and although I'm very tech literate, I'm going to wait until all of the bugs are fixed to shift over from winmo.

Do a search for xda developers on the net and you can find an update on the bugs that still remain. As as been mentioned already, you will need to be very careful in flashing the rom and shifting operating systems.

Having said that, XDA developers is the team that is doing everything on this project and you should be able to find them easily on the web(if you cant...you really should consider staying with Windows mobile)
skywalkershawty

Aug 4, 2010, 12:49 PM
I've ported android on it, it works fine, has very minimal bugs, but it does need a couple improvements.
deepc

Aug 4, 2010, 1:21 PM
So..do you like Android much better than Wimmo so far?? I've had my HD2 for about a week now and I've read all the info on XDA site but I'm hesitant to shift based on the errors reported.
skywalkershawty

Aug 4, 2010, 1:25 PM
look dude, there aren't ANY major problems with it. The one I have is dual boot, a soft reset will bring it back to WinMo. Then I explore files on my SD card and run it that way... I love it!! live wallpapers, the android market, everything works perfect except the video recorder, don't try that or the camera will stop working too, unfortunately, but the flash on the camera works and all. BEASTY!!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.