Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

Any legit or jailbreak methods to customize SCP-2700?

YAOMTC

Sep 6, 2009, 3:41 PM
I recently switched from Verizon to Sprint, getting rid of my old 1st-gen Razr for a Sanyo SCP-2700. It has some version of Java, so I noticed when I tried to play one of its lame game demos. I just ordered a Micro USB cable from Monoprice; would there be any way of using it to transfer my own ringtones and Java programs onto the phone? I was able to, against Verizon's wishes, put my own ringtones on my Razr using this workaround:
http://aznuwee.googlepages.com/ »

Is there any similar method for this phone?

I don't have a data plan, and don't want to pay for the data usage, unless it is absolutely impossible to get stuff on here otherwise. If that were the case, I would have to do it once and be done with it.
Coil

Sep 7, 2009, 7:59 AM
You can do anything with the old razrs. Not so with newer non pda CDMA phones. Your computer won't recognize the phone unless there are drivers for it. On the plus side places like phonezoo.com will send your phone ring tones through texting. Do you atleast have texting for your uber awesome sanyo 2700?
YAOMTC

Sep 7, 2009, 2:26 PM
Yep, I have texting. Unfortunately, the service that such websites provide require some data transfer, which costs a bit as I don't have a data plan. I guess I'll just have to use that, and keep it to a bare minimum.

I wonder what Sprint's rates are for data transfer without a data plan.
mrpmpfan

Sep 8, 2009, 6:45 AM
Unlimited texting plans include data usage for multimedia texting. However why would you care to bring attention to your "upgrade"?
zzyo90

Sep 8, 2009, 2:25 PM
use the internet without a plan. its $.03/kb which racks up the charges pretty quick. your better off calling customer care and adding the $15 data pack. You can use the internet for what you need it for then call back and remove it. this way you'll only pay a prorated amount on the $15 data pack(if you keep it for 2 days its about $1 you will pay vs. alot of $$$)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.