Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

show all 7 replies

ringtones for LG Env

thebee

May 28, 2009, 11:19 PM
Does anyone know if you can take a song that you have already uploaded to your phone and make it a ringtone? If so, could you please share with me how to do it. I figured out how to upload my songs onto the memory card but I really would like to have some of them for ringtones. Thank you!!
genii

May 29, 2009, 6:39 PM
Its just not gonna happen... the phone isn't set up to do so. However you can take that song and upload it to one of the ringtone websites ie phonezoo.com and send it to yourself and save it as a ringtone.
thebee

May 29, 2009, 6:53 PM
Thanks for the information. I will do that.
Menno

May 30, 2009, 5:50 PM
If you have a song clip (30 sec or less) loaded in your "My sounds" section, you can send it to yourself as a picture message and save it as a ringtone.

I use my computer to create the clips.
thebee

May 31, 2009, 5:33 PM
That is really great information. Thank you. I am totally illerate when it comes to these things but I can learn. Would you explain to me how to create a clip on the computer. I appreciate this very much.
Menno

Jun 1, 2009, 10:23 AM
I use Itunes (but any normal media player will work)

Note: This will only work for Non-Protected content, so if the song has some form of Digital Rights Management (DRM) you'll have to remove it before you attempt to make a clip.

Alright, lets get started:

First, you need to go into the preferences for your media player and check the import settings. Itunes and Windows Media Player each have unique formats that might not work with your phone. Make sure you set it to "Mp3" (This is the hardest part, and you only need to do it once)

Next, find the song you want a ringtone of in your music library. Right click on it and select "options" or "info" From there you want to go to Playback. Select the start and end time. This w...
(continues)
thebee

Jun 3, 2009, 7:59 PM
You are great!!! Thank you sooo much. I followed your directions. I am very close to accomplishing it. When i tried to text it to myself it said that the file was to big. I am going to try for only 15 seconds next time and see if that works. Thanks again for all the great advice.
Menno

Jun 5, 2009, 12:58 PM
Yeah, a shorter file should make it work. You can also go under advanced options in your media player and check the import settings (how you set it to MP3) there should be a quality option. Ringtones will still sound great at a lower quality. This will also make the file size smaller, which could help you get longer ring tones.

Glad I could help 🙂

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.