Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

Can't download ringtones to my Omnia

Ronda

Dec 27, 2008, 2:12 AM
I just purchased a Samsung Omnia but am having difficulty downloading ringtones through traditional websites. What's the trick?
IrishCarBomb

Dec 27, 2008, 12:03 PM
Get a different carrier, Verizon probably has you locked from getting ringtones from anyone but them.
CellularChloe

Jan 8, 2009, 3:16 PM
Ronda,
It is true that Verizon supplies their own Music for ringtones so maybe they don't allow third party downloads.
Try phonezoo.com I use them for ringtones on my Verizon phone. You have to sign up but they send the ringtones directly to your phone and the rest is straightforward. The only downfall is that they don't have a license for copyright material so most is stuff people have recorded. I've gotten alot of fun, unique ringtones from there.
One other place you can try, on the LG Forum which is www.lgcommunity.com there are people who offer to make ringtones from songs so you can try there. I have no experience with them but maybe it'll work for you.
Lastly, you can try going through the mobile web directly on your phone to a r...
(continues)
driyac99

Jan 17, 2009, 10:10 AM
You need to check out some of the windows mobile forums to really get a handle on what you need... THe easiest way to get your own ringtone is to download the music in wmp put it on your phone then click on it with your thumb hold down and it will give you the option to set as ring tone... but once again get on some of the windows mobile forums they have all the tricks and info, remember this isnt a normal phone its a mini computer..
In2Wireless

Jan 23, 2009, 9:22 PM
Try this: (1) visit a website like mytinyphone.com or free-ringtones.ie on the Omnia. (2) find a tone you'd like. (3) click on either the "save to pc" or "click here to play" link. (4) choose the folder you'd like to save it in and rename the file if you'd like (5) if you want to use your download as a tone other than a ring tone (such as a messaging tone), you will have to save the file in the "windows" folder on your device.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.