Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

Getting the most out of my Sprint Palm Centro

sladiej1977

Sep 1, 2008, 9:33 AM
I purchased a Palm Centro about 2 months ago and I feel like I'm not getting the most out of the phone. Is there some cool software that I should download like applications? I also want to customize it a little more. I am familiar with the Palm Centro sites but not sure about downloading various software. Another question. Say I delete some contacts from the phone. When I go to sync it will the contacts still be backed up on my computer or will they be deleted there too? I don't want to lose them just want to delete them from the phone itself.
ajlineman

Nov 13, 2008, 9:20 PM
I know its a sprint phone but I know of a good knowledge resource for that phone.
If you go to att.com/wireless under the support tab on the right side of the screen you can click on whats called "device tutorials" . This gives you up-to-date step by step directions for using every aspect of any phone on the AT&T network (the Centro included)
Software is different per carrier as I'm sure you know but its still a good reference for basic usage.
faintdot

Nov 30, 2008, 7:24 PM
ajlineman said:
If you go to att.com/wireless under the support tab on the right side of the screen you can click on whats called "device tutorials" .

sprint also has this on their website under support. direct link to centro: http://support.sprint.com/index.do?m=showInde x&selectedDeviceId=9238&manufacturer=Palm&nav typeid=6&pagetypeid=27&prevPageIndex=3

if you are interested in modding it. for customization. there are websites that show how to steps.

right now on my centro I have numerous applications installed for customization.

screensaver
treo launcher
facebook app
kinoma player update for better youtube experience
scanlife
mini tones
custom contacts (flick browsing contacts like the iph...
(continues)
ajlineman

Dec 1, 2008, 5:16 PM
I havn't tried modding and BB's yet, are any of those mods specific per carrier due to different software or are they pretty universal?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.