Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

show all 15 replies

picture messaging

mnymker

Oct 17, 2008, 7:14 AM
I just purchased a Moto Q phone and had it activated with Cricket. How come I can receive pictures but can't send any out?
OfAMightDivine

Oct 17, 2008, 10:22 AM
Well, since we're all psychics on this website, that means we know EXACTLY why your picture messaging won't work.

We're just not going to tell you.

Call your carrier perhaps, if you're worthy, they might tell you why.
l0v3_l0v3

Oct 17, 2008, 10:56 AM
It's because Cricket sucks.
Seriously, it does.
mnymker

Oct 17, 2008, 2:32 PM
Why waist your time to respond when you are of no help? Tell me Mr. Divine, do you have anything better to do?
OfAMightDivine

Oct 17, 2008, 10:38 PM
What would you like me to help you with? Do you honestly expect me to know exactly why your phone isn't working when that's all you tell me, Mr. Smartguy?

He's a clue... if you want something fixed, you have to tell us something other than "It's not working"

Would you expect your mechanic to know why your car doesn't run if that's all you tell them is that "it doesn't run right"?

Are you that thick in the skull that you think there's only one possible reason that it's not working, and someone out there must know why?

I wasted my time by telling to you call your carriers customer service, but I'm sure you can read, right?
mist668

Oct 19, 2008, 11:10 AM
They more then likely block you from sending due to a cost. May have to have it added/activated at store. Thats how my company works.
OfAMightDivine

Oct 19, 2008, 11:41 AM
Then why would you ask a forum instead of just calling the carrier, which is what you needed to do anyways?

You waste your own time.
mist668

Oct 19, 2008, 11:45 AM
If he's like 90% of the population out there that have no clue to the operation or basics of phones, then he would ask. Dont bash people, even if they should call their carrier.
OfAMightDivine

Oct 19, 2008, 11:48 AM
Well, since you're an expert, you answer this question with no other information :
mnymker said:
I just purchased a Moto Q phone and had it activated with Cricket. How come I can receive pictures but can't send any out?
Saint.Patrick

Oct 19, 2008, 11:42 PM
If your Motorola Q came from another CDMA carrier and you had the firmware flashed to Cricket Wireless, a possible reason for being able to receive pictures but not sent them is that the MMS settings are incorrect. I would suggest either calling Cricket's Customer Care at 1-800-CRICKET and speak to someone in the technical support department or stop by a Cricket Wireless corporate retail store and let someone there assist you.
MildManneredClarkGrunion

Oct 20, 2008, 11:04 AM
Moto Q uses it's own internet operating system, just e-mail the pictures from your phone to another phone or e-mail address. Same result, different technique.
yakdogin11

Oct 20, 2008, 8:19 PM
I just purchased a siemens sl 65. I have at&t service. I can not send or receive pictures. I am looking for the settings. Any idea? Thanks.
Cervantez

Oct 21, 2008, 5:01 PM
Most of at&t devices come preprogrammed with those settings already. Call cust care and make sure that they have a pay per use code on your account ( if you don't have a monthly subscription) . Without a pay per use INTERNET, or MMS, your phone may be restricted. Device settings are usually the last scenario
mist668

Nov 13, 2008, 4:38 PM
Those devices already come provisioned from when you start them up with your sim card in... If you cannot send/receive then it is a provisioning error on their side.
ajlineman

Nov 18, 2008, 10:38 PM
Do you have a medianet package? Or a ppu soc? Did you set anything up like that when you started service?
Did you request that the internet be blocked to make your monthly service cheaper?

To send/receive you not only have to have medianet (at least pay-per-use) provisioned on your account, but you must have it registered. (only happens automatically if you have the SOC provisioned at time of activation)

I'd call customer care at either 611 from your AT&T phone or 1-800-331-0500 from another phone.

Just let them know your MMS isn't working.
ajlineman

Nov 18, 2008, 10:26 PM
Because you have cricket.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.