Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

touch phone and the internet

earlyone

Jun 26, 2008, 7:20 PM
I like the touch phone (xv6900) but the verizon sales person insists that I must subscribe to their internet service for $30. a month. According to her it is very easy to accidently touch the internet key and suffer the charges incurred unless one has the service they are selling. I like the pda for the address function and the calender but have no need for another internet connection - especially one on such a small screen. My eyes aren't as good as they used to be. Can this function be disabled? Is it as easy to connect as she suggests?
j-villa

Jun 27, 2008, 9:49 AM
you don't have to have the internet set up on the touch.

Although if your buying through authorized retailer. Chances are in their contract they have to sell it with the data. That's how it is through my indirect i work at.

You can always get a data block, so that way you never get on the internet. You just won't be able to send pic or vid texts.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.