Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Cing phone---T-mobile service?

MrPhoneScooper

Jan 12, 2004, 10:39 AM
I have a cingular phone V400 but i have a T-mobile sim card in it.I can call people and every like that works but i'm not able to download any ringtones or send text messages. do i need to unlock the phone?

If you help me i'll tell you where you can get FREE ringtones. -Thanx
Big Daddy

Jan 12, 2004, 2:19 PM
yes you need to unlock it. go to your nearest T-Mobile store and most reps will unlock it if you sign up for service.
MrPhoneScooper

Jan 12, 2004, 9:47 PM
thanx
Big Daddy

Jan 14, 2004, 8:39 AM
Your welcome
tonynation

Feb 2, 2004, 11:11 PM
That information is incorrect. Tmobile's policy is not to provide a ringtone until the cusotmer has 90 days of active service. You can't get an unlock code from the store. You have to apply through cusotmer care.
tonynation

Feb 6, 2004, 2:42 PM
Unlock code.. not ringtone. sorry
DJCrazy

Feb 15, 2004, 3:04 PM
actually you are unlocked if you can make and receive calls from us. you probably just need to setup the text messaging service center number and or have an update sent to the phone to allow it to access our network via gprs to allow Internet access in turn allowing ring-tone downloads.
tonynation

Feb 6, 2004, 2:43 PM
Unlock code.. not ringtone. sorry.

If you're able to make calls, it shouldn't have anything to do with the phone being unlocked. It means that your phone is either not configured correctly for sms and such (which is most likely, coming from another carrier) or there are network issues.
Mobile-El

Aug 20, 2004, 12:04 PM
Cingular ships the V.400 unlocked. I agree with the above post the phone is not configured for the Cingulatr wap gateway, you need to call care and tell them you need the setting for internet express (the name of their gprs service). I hope this helps clarify, if dublicated, then I apologize.
casey13

Feb 7, 2004, 12:26 PM
no. if you call as soon as you get your phone T-Mobile wii unlock the phone right away. You can only request 1 unlock code every 90 days. You are thinking about AT@T there policy is 90 days. 🤭
tonynation

Feb 13, 2004, 10:15 PM
Actually, I'm looking at the policy right now. You must have 90 days of active service.
dtownsound8

Apr 2, 2004, 5:41 PM
actually.. there's a flaw in cingular's V400. IT COMES UNLOCKED. You won't be able to download anything the way it is, because the phone is set to use cingular access points. You need to reconfigure the phone to use the access point--

wap.voicestream.com

---once you do that, your phone will use the t-mobile access point for t-zones and mms, meaning that you'll be able to send/recieve MMS messages as well as access t-zones and download from there.
DAntiVirus

May 29, 2004, 8:07 AM
Actually it's not a flaw, we meant the V400 to come that way, mainly for our new national plans, north america plans, and also to open the door for international roaming.
RichLok

Aug 20, 2004, 3:26 PM
Here's the deal. The cingular phone is network unlocked. Since it's quad-band, you can use it anywhere in the world. All you need to do is get T-Mo's wap and mms settings from customer service and you're set (if you're able to input them yourself). Go to your menu -> web access -> web sessions and you'll see the wap profiles. You can edit those or make new ones. Hope this helps!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.