Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Unlocking Virgin Mobile phone

SKiPDoG

Nov 11, 2003, 8:12 AM
anyone know how I could acquire the lock code for a Virgin Mobile Kyocera Slider phone? I want to use one on my local carrier and not Virgin.
brodfukker

Nov 17, 2003, 10:18 AM
This is the method to "Get Into" the SLIDER...

Get into manual programming by entering 111111 then ok then it will ask for the 6 digit code, enter 868666. Next change the min to your number, and sid to ????? (INSERT YOUR CARRIER'S SID HERE) before exiting the manual program, be sure to change the service code (in the first menu screen) to all zeroes, this should allow you to also OTA by dialing YOUR CARRIER'S OTA phone #.

Good Luck!

btw the SLIDER is kick a**!!!!!!!
SKiPDoG

Nov 17, 2003, 11:31 AM
thanks for the info!! all I need to do is unlock it, my carrier will load their PRL and program it for me at the store, they dont care where the phones come from, as long as they can program them.
brodfukker

Nov 17, 2003, 1:24 PM
Hey SKipDoG, just out of curiosity - what carrier are you referring to??? That's pretty damn cool that they will let you bring any phone over - can they offer service on all freqs? CDMA, TDMA, GSM...

U will go nuts when u use this phone, it is one of the best handsets I've EVER used...period! & the slide is just too cool.
SKiPDoG

Nov 17, 2003, 2:59 PM
my carrier is a local carrier here in northern california called SureWest Wireless, its a CDMA PCS network that offers unlimited wireless, I've been a customer for almost 4 years now, I've brought over unlocked Sprint PCS phones before and they didnt care.
joshcsepegi

Dec 28, 2003, 12:01 PM
😳 I was thinking on putting this on my account with verizon just to see how it is. I was wondering if the brew apps will work since thew probably have the wrong server address for the brew app.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.