Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Having trouble with Motorola V710! Please Help!!!

PhoneMan3

Aug 16, 2004, 6:51 PM
I am having a lot of trouble with my Motorola V710. I juts got it today with Verizon Wireless. I want to know how to put MP3 ringtones onto my phone. It didn't come with a memory card and I do not have a USB cable. I have an iMac computer,so basically I have a Mac. I tried e-mailing MP3's to my phone but it doesn't want to go through. Please help me b/c I want those MP3 ringtones. Thanks.

PhoneMan3
njklutz

Oct 19, 2004, 10:35 AM
Did you ever figure this out, I've been trying to do the same thing

Thanks for your help.
dsanchez

Nov 16, 2004, 11:52 AM
in order to send yourself ring tones you need to be signed up for text messaging and you need to go to this site and register http://www.vtext.com/customer_site/mml/jsp/re gister_mml.jsp then it sould work
daveyp225

Nov 16, 2004, 12:09 PM
If you were to visit the v710 forum, you'd see that you must rename the mp3 to a *.mid, and it must be under ~350kb. Send to yournumber@vzwpix.com.

This is answered about 500 times here, and also in the v710 forum at HowardForums.com.

You'd be much better off with a TF memory card though, its very useful! 🙂

Hope I helped!
cizco962

Dec 10, 2004, 2:01 PM
daveyp225 said:
If you were to visit the v710 forum, you'd see that you must rename the mp3 to a *.mid, and it must be under ~350kb. Send to yournumber@vzwpix.com.

That's not necessarily true. You can send them in mp3 format they just have to be compressed like you said under 350k to be able to send over the air. But then again TF and a SD reader are much quicker and easier.
daveyp225

Dec 11, 2004, 1:08 PM
cizco962 said:
daveyp225 said:

That's not necessarily true. You can send them in mp3 format they just have to be compressed like you said under 350k to be able to send over the air. But then again TF and a SD reader are much quicker and easier.

Yes it is absolutly true. You cannot send an mp3 over verizon's network as an attatchment. All .mp3 attatchments get dropped. Before contradicting someone, please do your homework.

You may however send an mp3 from one v710 to another, as long as it fits the MMS speculations.
AVIOUS2001

Dec 24, 2004, 4:42 PM
You can do any mp3 as a ringer on any of the Verizon Video messeging capable phones, you need to cut the clip down to 30 secs then change the bitrate to 24 kbps and make sure it is mono. Then you change the extension from .mp3 to .mid and then send as an email to your phone at 53555553322@vzwpix.com and you can then choose to save it and use it as a ringer

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.