Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Best MP3 encoding settings for RAZR

ltcarter47

Sep 23, 2006, 2:50 PM
I've encoded several clips from songs that I've extracted, they play fine on my RAZR, but they are still a bit large, and fill up my memory fast.

For example:
39 second MP3
Bit Rate: 64kbps mono
Sample Rate: 48kHz
Size: 312KB

Does this seem a bit large? What bit rate would you suggest?

Thanks,
Sean
raycarroll70

Sep 23, 2006, 3:02 PM
I think what you're currently using for the rip is the minimum for quality of the MP3. Anything less and you'll be sacrificing quality drastically.
ltcarter47

Sep 23, 2006, 3:06 PM
Yeah, That's kind of what I was thinking. I'm wondering though at what point does it become noticeable through a phones speaker....
raycarroll70

Sep 23, 2006, 4:32 PM
I believe you'll hear noise distortion once you drop to the 32 kbs threshold.
AgentSteffen

Sep 25, 2006, 9:01 PM
I put all of my ringtones at a bitrate of 128Kbps stereo 48kHz, sounds just great clear as can be. which is surprising becasue its a speaker on a cell phone, the RAZR has a very good speaker.
raycarroll70

Sep 26, 2006, 11:01 PM
What software are you using to rip the MP3 with as a ringtone?
AgentSteffen

Sep 29, 2006, 8:52 PM
i use a program called Audacity, i just choose the ringtone i want and change the settings to 128kbps and 48khz and save the selection as an mp3. then i use p2ktools to put it on the phone.
Riiktar

Oct 13, 2006, 4:02 PM
With audacity just save at lowest setting. Your phones output doesn't let you here higher bit rates anyways. Also, on a razor 39 second clips are to long. 10 seconds is fine. I produce music and use FLstudio or ableton for my ringtones. I use audacity for loops editing (less since I got ableton) and I know there are many fetures to clean up lower bitrate mp3s. Check your lame codec settings as well.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.