Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Can't store .wav file from message onto phone - Verizon customer

cbk2000

Mar 25, 2006, 1:45 AM
I just started with Verizon, and have a Motorola e815 phone. I found a .wav file of the ring tone I want, and sent it to my phone via email from my computer. When I open the message on the phone, however, I can't store the file to the phone to make it a ring tone.

I called Verizon tech support and the guy told me that they restrict downloading files from messages (because of V-Cast, he said), but that he has heard of people doing it. He told me to come to this forum to find a work-around to get the file onto my phone.

Does anybody know how I can do this? Preferably free or low cost? Thanks.

-CBK
yeahright

Mar 25, 2006, 10:14 AM
i send them through funformobile.com and have no problem, my wife uses and 815. You might need to convert it to mp3 first, that is how i send mine, not sure if wave works on that model. just go to funfor mobile, select upload ringtone, pick carrier, browse pc for the clip you want, enter your number and hit send to phone, should work.
cbk2000

Mar 25, 2006, 11:27 AM
That worked great! Thanks so much!
yeahright

Mar 25, 2006, 1:03 PM
no prob, i have been loading new ones into mine all day long
techiewannabe

Jun 3, 2006, 4:08 PM
how do you convert the WMA file to mp3 file? ๐Ÿคจ
Dorijt

Jun 5, 2006, 10:46 PM
For conversion of WMA to MP3:
There's a great freeware program called MediaMonkey, available for FREE download at Cnet.com - just go to the download link, search for mediamonkey and download to your desktop. I tested it on one of my WMA files, and it converted to an MP3 seamlessly! I hope this helps!!
Dorijt
techiewannabe

Jun 10, 2006, 12:51 PM
I'll try it! thanks for the info! ๐Ÿ˜
pacojoejoe

Oct 23, 2006, 5:00 PM
what do you do if it doesnt work for your model? I recently got the vx9800 from verizon and funformobile sends the mp3 as a text. when i open the file it goes directly in "My Sounds" and not "My Ringtones." please help
sanchezkk

Nov 16, 2006, 4:46 PM
I have the Razr and what I do is send the sound file to my phone attached to an email to number@vzwpix.com and it works great for me... All you have to do is register for vtext.com and then go to vzwpix.com and get your pix address.
MeatballzNGravy

Oct 24, 2006, 6:06 PM
If possible, get a USB bluetooth adaptor for your computer and bluetooth it to the phone. Or you can always get the data cable and software but I am not sure how that works with verizon. But I have used the BT adaptor many times with many different phones and it has not failed me yet.
wgvhu007

Nov 12, 2006, 10:50 PM
My boyfriend has the same phone and he uses freeringers.net to send ringtones to his phone. He usually edits them to keep them to about 20 seconds and that way you can enhance the quality so it sounds better on the phone. If that doesn't work, try converting the file to an mp3. I have a krzr and the only way I can get ringtones to work is if I email them to myself with an mp3 attachment.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.