Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

show all 12 replies

ringtone question...

latech15

Feb 25, 2006, 1:10 PM
I have finally figured out how to get mp3's converted to .wav files and transferred to my phone for use as a ringtone. the problem I am encountering is that the .wav files are huge and I do not know how to cut the size of the song down to, say, just the chorus. Can someone help me with this?

Or do you know how to get the cingular 8125 to accept .mp3 files as ringtones?
Buddy Lee

Feb 25, 2006, 1:59 PM
I know there's software to condense the .wav files to fit better into the memory for the phone. but how to you .mp3 files to .wav?
latech15

Feb 25, 2006, 7:28 PM
I have the software to do that. I need editing software so that I can cut the song down to just the chorus or just the part that I want to send to the phone and use as a ringtone.
MrDonnie

Aug 2, 2006, 1:45 PM
There is a free download called audacity that can be downloaded from the following link:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/audacity »

You will also need to download the 'lame encoder' but it is really not that hard.
theycallmeanerd78

Aug 2, 2006, 3:16 PM
I use Cool Edit Pro (which is now called Adobe Audition)
jubjub0527

Aug 15, 2006, 7:12 AM
So in order to have a song play as your ringtone, you've got to convert from mp3 to wav? Well, obviously slash it down to a manageable size and then convert to wav?
DenwaBango

Sep 18, 2006, 11:28 PM
Heh, me too. It's a little excessive, but it works great if you have it.
alejandro

Aug 17, 2006, 3:19 PM
your all like 7 months too late on that one
theycallmeanerd78

Aug 18, 2006, 3:36 PM
and you took the time to post that response?
.....and I took the time ro reply to you! Man Both of us are stupid. 😉
theballinboy973

Aug 8, 2006, 10:34 PM
use sound recorder in ur computer 😁
GodHatesMe

Aug 15, 2006, 8:26 PM
Yeah, I use Adobe Audition
wgvhu007

Nov 12, 2006, 10:52 PM
You can use some sort of editing software to cut the song to just the part that you want (I use Audacity). It's free, just search for it on google 🙂 The program takes some getting used to but it also has a setting to let you enhance the quality of the song so that it sounds really good on your phone.
switchy85

Nov 13, 2006, 9:10 PM
The 8125 should be able to use mp3 files as ringtones natively (it has WMP10). Just put the cut down mp3 (Audacity for the win on this one) in Phone/My Documents or Storage Card/My Documents. Easy as pie.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.