Sep 29, 2005, 2:52 PM
Feel free to rip me a new one...

I know this is an oldie but a goodie.

Is there a way to assign MP3's as ring tones on the lg8100

yes I am stupid

BLN
yeahright

Oct 15, 2005, 2:01 PM
no, if you get a data cbale and a program such as bitpim you can load them into your ringtones folder, but their is no way to load an mp3 off of you minisd as a ringer.
abswa

Oct 20, 2005, 2:47 AM
yes there is a way, but its kinda complicated:

1) on your pc under "my computer" click on the tools bar, then folder options, then view and then uncheck "hide extensions for known file types"

2) download audacity
3) download the lame_enc.dll plugin for audacity
4) rip the the part of the mp3 you want to use and export it as an mp3 to your desktop
5) download bitpim
6) connect your 8100 via the VZW data cable to your computer (it is the same data cable than for the 6100 even though the commission paid associates at the verizon store try to tell you otherwise to sell you a new one) (even the car charger for the 6100 works with the 8100)
7)click on the ringer tab in bitpim and drag the mp3 from your desktop into it
😎 click on the m...
(continues)
badass88lx

Dec 25, 2005, 3:19 AM
where can I get the data cable and how much is it?
VZW_SMS

Jan 7, 2006, 12:53 AM
Heh

What ever happened to old fashioned techniques?

From what I know you can transfer .mp3 files to your phone from the SD card -WITHOUT- violating your contract agreemant with Verizon by altering your phone.

You can attain this typically by taking the .mp3 file and placing it on the SD card.(make sure this file is ripped in a small kbps to have the file size minimal) Also, keep the song length around 15 seconds. Sometimes you can get away with longer but keep in mind it is around 30 seconds that your phone will ring before going to voicemail.

Next you can send the file as a MMS message from your phone. Do this by creating a pix message and inserting the .mp3 file on the card. When you send it you can create any bogus address...
(continues)
envoyboy99

Jan 7, 2006, 12:54 AM
i just got done playing with the bitpim program.......soooooooooooo nice thanks to all for sharing info on this,i would of never figured this one out!i figured my nokia program because they let you download it right from their site for free.i dont know which program is better but both are easy to use.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.