Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

Sony w580

NinjaMonkey

Apr 6, 2008, 10:44 PM
I have a sony 580 from at&t and the dang thing has the full mp3 as a ringtone capablitlity locked. Anyone know how to remove the lock? I know just get a ringtone maker and cut the song but i don't want or need two files on one phone. I know this capability exists because i have a Dobson cellular w580 and you can use full mp3 for ringtones and message alerts. How depressing that att needs money from ringtones so bad it criples its phones. I even tried getting it unlocked for the purpose of using it in canada when i go fishing and the new sim works but still the capabilities are crippled and i'm pissed. 2 year ext and 100.00 for something thats crippled. Thats like buying a car with a limiter to 50 miles per hour speed. If anyone knows...
(continues)
tkboxer

Apr 6, 2008, 11:45 PM
chocolateman85006

Apr 7, 2008, 4:47 PM
NinjaMonkey said:
I have a sony 580 from at&t and the dang thing has the full mp3 as a ringtone capablitlity locked. Anyone know how to remove the lock? I know: "Just get a ringtone maker and cut the song"; but I don't want, or need, two files on one phone. I know this capability exists because I have a Dobson cellular w580, and you can use full mp3 for ringtones and message alerts. How depressing that at&t needs money from ringtones so bad it cripples its phones. I even tried getting it unlocked for the purpose of using it in canada when i go fishing and the new sim works but still the capabilities are crippled and i'm pissed. Two year ext and 100.00 for something thats crippled. That's like buying a car with a limiter
(continues)
Blumpelstiltskin

Apr 7, 2008, 6:11 PM
I thought everyone loved that UI verizon puts in their phones.

I especially love how they lock the GPS on their BBs

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.