Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Question on Metro PCS's Gsm Service

E-Z_Money

Feb 22, 2008, 3:16 PM
Hey i have a question im, looking to get a buisness phone for myself and ill admit as far as price and amount i have to care about staying on the payments Metro wins.

i know they do both CDMA and GSM i was wondering if its possible to unlock say a T-Mobile phone and throw one of Metro's GSM SIM cards into it.
surdaneta

Feb 24, 2008, 1:06 AM
Hello I work for metro, Metro is Only CDMA, I'm located in Florida, I'm not sure if they use GSM in others markets, Have you heard about MetroPCS GSM in others states?
thejar

Feb 25, 2008, 11:01 AM
i work for metro in florida and unless ive been miss informed metro does not take sim cards. they work off of cdma here in florida therefore you cannot take a phone from another company and activate it on metro.
E-Z_Money

Feb 25, 2008, 7:03 PM
o.......my bad i dont wat i was on lol..

but heres a better question, since u both work for metro what would u recomend to som1 looking to use u as a buisness line.

i kinda like the R-410s keyboard but would a sliver be a better choice..

or would u recomend another phone
thejar

Feb 25, 2008, 7:24 PM
it all depends on what u are going to do with ur phone. if u do alot of texting then i wold say the r410. the slvr is also a great phone , i personally have the w385 and i love it i have not had a single problem battery life is great and i talk on it all the time, and its only $149.99 but the slvr has the mp3 player but there is no headphone jack for it and has no stereo bluetooth so the music only plays through the phone speaker. but other than that its a good phone.
E-Z_Money

Feb 28, 2008, 1:24 AM
im not sure exactly if txting is going to be the a big necessity, i mainly need it to be a well rounded phone that can take a good bit of use and is reliably conviente. also i mite be thinking sliver cause i work at a t-mobile retailer and its the best camoflauged(so to speak lol).

but would that be a good choice to go with, a sliver?, or do you think theres a better go.
thejar

Mar 1, 2008, 10:46 AM
well id have to say either the slvr or the w385 the r410 with the keypad is a good phone but i have seen some problems with the screen going out on it.
spidersnake

Mar 4, 2008, 1:09 AM
If you need a phone for work use and you travel alot, I would have to stay away from Metro at least for now. If you go outside your home area Travel talk coverage is going to cost you a bunch. I use my phone mainly for work here in florida. I do like the model that Metro is setting, as far as the unlimited use of everything for one low price. The serice is great if you live in a area saturated with metro coverage. If not then you are probably going to have to carry another phone with you. No carrier has perfect coverage thats for sure, but I would look for one who has the most coverage in your area. Dont go by the maps at the store cause they are just estimates of coverage. Ask around, some devices are better at receiving signals then others...
(continues)
thejar

Mar 4, 2008, 10:32 AM
I will have to agree with you on that r410 is a good looking phone but working for metro i have seen alot of problems with the screen acting all crazy and just stop working. other than that its a good phone but i would not get it just for that reason. I have the w385 and it has been a great phone for me. would like to have the moto z6m just cant afford it right now. What i really want though is the nokia 6265i that phone is awesome but done know were to get one beings there discontinued.
E-Z_Money

Mar 5, 2008, 5:34 PM
i cant find any info on the 815 or the 2685 do u know a place that would (other then the store obviously)

cuz i checked here and on Metros site

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.