Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Sending ringtones via text message to your Verizon phone

Ray Splasher

Aug 7, 2007, 7:47 PM
I've had the Motorola e815 for a while, and it's been a great phone. But I'm due for an upgrade.

One thing I liked about the e815 was that, despite Verizon disabling a lot of software, I was able to send myself lots of ringtones. I would attach MIDI files to e-mails and send them to my phone from my computer as pix messages. Then I would just hit "save file" once the message came up in my inbox.

I've been heavily considering either the Chocolate V2 or the LG VX 8700 (I don't want a RAZR or a KRZR, since I hate their UI). Is there a way to do this same thing with either of these two phones, and if so, will it work with MP3s also?
Ray

Aug 10, 2007, 7:27 AM
Be prepared Ray_Splasher of being accused of being someone called raycarroll, blackandyellow and a whole lot of other apparently PS forum member names especially seeing how new you are to Phone Scoop and your scrren name has "Ray" in it. Just thought I'd give you the heads up before the flame storm. I believe LG's new Chocolate will do both things you want it to do.
Cellfoneslinger

Aug 10, 2007, 8:18 PM
Just wanted to get rid of the ah hell subject line. Have a good day 😁
MX2

Aug 15, 2007, 11:37 AM
much appreciated. That ah hell thing is getting old.
You would think that the powers that be would straighten it out by now.
MX2

Aug 15, 2007, 11:40 AM
Sorry just saw that ray was removed. Thanks again.
NecrisHacker

Aug 18, 2007, 8:34 PM
So was OV who was also Los. Maybe Ray was these two screen names too.
Gemini

Aug 25, 2007, 9:25 AM
then just the two, Ray.
The Highlander

Aug 29, 2007, 7:03 AM
I bet he does too Gemini.
vzwmac

Aug 29, 2007, 11:13 PM
Yes, you can either save as a sound or directly as a ringtone...on both phones

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.