Home  ›  Forums  ›

Tricked Out

all discussions

show all 8 replies

vx8600 ringers

anoesis

May 28, 2007, 9:27 PM
Well my wife and I just picked up the vx8600, and so far have been impressed (we had sanyo's pm8200)and right now my wife would like to know where to get some decent ringtones/mp3's other then Verizon.

Any help would be appreciated

I posted this in the Verizon section, and haven't gotten any responses
motodude69

May 29, 2007, 10:36 AM
If you record a sound, you can send them to eachother and apply them as a ringtone. If you have a memory card, you can cut/trim a song on your computer, save it to the memory card, and then send it and apply as a ringtone as well. Just make sure if the sound isn't anything more 100kb or it will be to large to send.
I hope this helps.
anoesis

May 29, 2007, 5:44 PM
cool, i'll keep that in mind, Thanks
motodude69

May 31, 2007, 8:46 AM
No problem.
Chickeneye

Sep 14, 2007, 5:23 PM
How in the world do you keep it under 100kb without thrashing the quality of sound? i have tried multiple ways and have had no luck.
motodude69

Sep 20, 2007, 8:20 AM
I use a program called bitpim and take my trimmed sounds/mp3s and send them to my phone via mms (multimedia message).

Usually I can't get under 96kbps bitrate, or it sounds horrible, and if it's over 128kbps than it is to large to send. I also would have the clip anything longer than 20 seconds.

There are a few other programs out there that you can use to send cropped music to your phone, you just need to know what you are looking for.
ABLINDKID

Jun 4, 2007, 8:52 PM
one other thing you might wanna try is, go to bitpim.org, or just google bitpim, its a software that you download that will let you put ringtones to your phone without having to buy them, the website you can go to to download free ringtones is www.mytinyphone.com, hope fully you have a usb cable so you can connect your phone to your computer any other questions feel free to ask
brenjone

Jun 8, 2007, 11:49 AM
I have downloaded the bitpim back in Feb 2007 and I imported all my info onto the program then I didn't do anything else with it. Just the other day I started having phone issues so I decided that I would update on the bitpim so that i could just transfer my info from my current phone to the new phone that I was going to be getting. Now when I try to transfer all my info. Nothing it tells me that "Access to the file/directory has been blocked on this phone by the provider". I did the bitpim update as well. So now??? Anybody have any suggestions?
IPunchJerrysKids

Sep 15, 2007, 12:44 AM
Throw the phone away.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.